Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2002

tiger122263 is on a distinguished road
Delivery Help

Hi,
I am looking to help out with any short term deliveries of 1-2 weeks in duration. I have several weeks of vacation comming up and would like to find a delivery or passage opportunity. If you are need of crew, please let me know. My email is c2xtla@aol.com. My daytime phone is 765 451 3030. In return you get a non smoker 38 YO male gentleman, with certs in Basic Sailing, Coastal Navigation, and Bareboat from ASA. I also have several miles of blue water experience and sailing experience in the great lakes. If you want to know more info please call or write.
Tony
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-21-2002

MaryBeth is on a distinguished road
Delivery Help

While it may be a bit late for you to get qualified for this year (I don''t know how their schedules run, I haven''t been around for what seems like a hundred years, but it is worth a try) you may want to contact St. Barts Yachts in Charleston, SC. They did deliver the new Beneteaus to the BVI and beyond and would pay for the return airfare for their volunteer crew. All food was included, they even provided housing (albeit it may be on the boat) for arrivals. If you call them and they don''t still have the delivery contract (tho I can''t imagine why they wouldn''t), ask them who does so that you can get in touch with the new company if you''re interested. I just did a quick try and could not find their web site immediately. Anyway, this may be a good way for you to get some nice miles in as volunteer crew and you seem to have the right time to take off (about two weeks) for a voyage. All you would have to do is get to Charleston in time. While they are usually a great trip, there''s always weather and being on a boat with new people. Non-smoking is great, but please let them know if you are a vegetarian, or have any other special needs to consider for the provisioning of the trip (such as being a chocoholic!) They usually are more than eager to comply for someone with experience, but it helps to get in good with the captain and accompany him or her on the provisioning trip if possible.

Best of luck,
MaryBeth
Old 06-23-2002

Delivery Help

Hi Marybeth,
Thanks for the info. I will give St. Barts Yachts a call and go from there. I will let you know what happens.
Thanks
Tony
Old 06-23-2002

Delivery Help

Hi Marybeth,
Just want to let everyone know that the website for St. Barts Yachts st-barts.com. The address is
St. Barts Yacht Deliveries
3 Lockwood Drive, Suite 302A
Charleston, SC 29401
Email: heather.stonebraker@St-Barts.com
Phone: 843 577 7377