Female crew to sail west coast US to bundaberg Australia - Page 10 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008

Zephyr88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omatako View Post
You bet!! And if he's only planning to gather crew when he gets to the west coast, he's seemingly planning a Panama transit single-handed and probably short of expertise. He can hire rope handlers to get him through but that'll cost him a few $$$ on top of the already heavy transit fee.

With this cost plus the investment in time and money getting the boat from source to Panama, once again the logic of buying a vessel on the east coast is sketchy when looking at the used boat stock available on the west coast.

The whole voyage description seems a little dodgy, male or female ought to be real careful about a crew position here.

Andre
The longest journey starts with one step.

At this stage I'm wondering whether to retain a lawyer to represent me. Are there any lawyers in the house?

The fun and frivolity ended some time ago now, and I was under the impression that we had exhausted this post.

Andre, it's a well held belief that Kiwi sailors are an exceptional breed as sailors. Day sailing in the Cook Straits over to Picton in 9 meter seas in 7's and 8's is a picnic for you guys; I've been told.

The way you write (not withstanding that you did not direct your words directly to me) leads me to believe that you are a very experienced sailor. Perhaps you have several circumnavigations under you belt. Perhaps even one via the great capes the wrong way round.

As such what would you suggest to this coastal cruiser, from your own experience, regarding transiting the Pacific in the shortest time.

Zephyr.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Max-on.... another pro bono client is calling for you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr88 View Post
The longest journey starts with one step.

At this stage I'm wondering whether to retain a lawyer to represent me. Are there any lawyers in the house?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-16-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Could it be that someone is not getting the answer they wanted. Perhaps next time if we just started with the correct answer all would be well.
Old 07-16-2008

Zephyr88 is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by teshannon View Post
Could it be that someone is not getting the answer they wanted. Perhaps next time if we just started with the correct answer all would be well.
Tesh, et al,

All's well that ends well. BTW, you did start with the correct answer.

I never thought that my very first post would carry to 93 replies; and what an entertaining and educational time it has been.

The onslaught that was dished out early on was of an exceptional quality and generated much amusement for many, including myself (please read the first paragraph of the original post carefuly), in several instances I was ROFL.

However, this whole thing's getting a bit tired and I would not like to see it get to #100.

Now armed with the wisdom of many, I will get on with the job of planning for an ocean crossing. If in the event that this does eventuate, I will be sure to follow Simon's lead and access email on my stops to keep you posted. In the mean time I hope to continue enjoying the comraderie of the Sailnet Community.

Best regards and good sailing,

Zephyr
Old 07-16-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Zephyr,
Best of luck on the trip and keep us posted.
Old 07-16-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Zeph ...good luck with the next phase...but surely you know the end result of asking the AFOC's around here NOT to make this a 100 post thread? !!
C'mon guys only 3 more to go!!
Old 07-16-2008

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Good luck Zeph. And we will hit 100 post.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 07-16-2008

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
98 post. Can someone pitch in?

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 07-16-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Zephyr,
I've been resting up just to get back into the scrum. Is it really over?

(see you in some other threads, you're a good egg!)
Old 07-17-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Zeph...are you still there? Some AFOC's can't take a hint!