Female crew to sail west coast US to bundaberg Australia - Page 4 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
John,
Now be nice. His kids are going to be Olympic divers and that's the lower platform for their dive training. They're gettin bigger and need more water to land in. What other possible reason could there be for CD to leave the dock, which is probably about 100 yards to the right of the photo?
Old 07-08-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
CD,

That is a really nice spoiler that you have mounted on the stern of your boat. Does that help to keep the aft end properly trimmed at high speeds?
We only use it when waterskiing behind the Catalina! HEHE!

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2008

Zephyr88 is on a distinguished road
Say, what is a half decent Tayana 37 worth? I've seen a few on yachtworld and they seem to be all over the shop, asking price and equipment wise.

This is one of the models I've been looking at as a friend of mine who just set off to New Caledonia has one. A really pretty boat, which appear seaworthy and comfortable.

Any advice on best place to buy in US east or west coast, year model etc. A decent broker to work with that can be recommended, does one exist anywhere in the world?
Old 07-08-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr88 View Post
Say, what is a half decent Tayana 37 worth? I've seen a few on yachtworld and they seem to be all over the shop, asking price and equipment wise.

This is one of the models I've been looking at as a friend of mine who just set off to New Caledonia has one. A really pretty boat, which appear seaworthy and comfortable.

Any advice on best place to buy in US east or west coast, year model etc. A decent broker to work with that can be recommended, does one exist anywhere in the world?
Start a new thread on the matter. Can't you see you're interrupting important sailing matters here?
Old 07-08-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

between 100-110 is what they were selling for about 6 months ago. Start a thread in Boat Buying and you will get some good responses.

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 07-08-2008

Thanks, will do.
Old 07-08-2008

Just had a call from a friend. Now 0722 here in Bundaberg. He suggested that if I word my crew wanted add correctly I should be able to get two willing female European backpackers to jump on board my soon to be new boat (once I find one). With my add writting skills that you've all uncovered, I reckon I've got an ice cubes hope in hell.

Realistically !what are the chances of that!? I put it to you all. That way I can pass your comments over to my fellow dreamer caveman down south.
Old 07-08-2008

On second thoughts, Please ignore my last posting, A tad juvenile. Onto more serious matters.

Thanks to you all for your contributions. A most entertaining time I've had. Now must refocus on getting to know your American boats.

FYI, I sail a 1984 Swanson28 canoe stern. Swansons are well regarded here in Australia and may dominated the Sydney to Hobart race in Swansons hey day in the 60's and early 70's.
Cheers
Zephyr.
Old 07-08-2008
Warm Weather Sailor

Vasco is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You're going to sail around the Horn the wrong way in a Tayana 37?

Old 07-08-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

Well, I'm no rocket scientist here but I'd place an ad asking for crew, all expense paid once on board, and leave the female part out of it. You can just reject all male applicants and go from there. It's not like you're the Publisher's Clearinghouse sweepstakes and you have to give everyone a fair chance to win! When you empathise female you give the impression that that is your primary concern, pretty much obliterating most female's interest in learning more-if you ask me. Or did you want a stupid female? See, it's all in the wording. One way might create the impression that a young lady is going to fly out to your boat at great cost to herself, only to have you and your drunken friends abuse her naivete. The other leaves open the door for a woman seeking an adventure to respond to you. and it makes it much easier to convince said woman that she'll not be regarded as merly your love unit. In fact, if you're not prepared to have just a female shipmate I'd say you'd be best off just finding a well qualified sailor who want s to go to OZ.