Female crew to sail west coast US to bundaberg Australia - Page 9 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008

Zephyr88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway21 View Post
Zephyr, If your search for the perfect female does not pan out you might consider contacting the above mental defective's wife. Now, she will pay you, to take him off her hands. And you'd have your own personal Boat-B**** for a chef.

Andre stretches the truth only a tad bit. While some may have been hysterical about his voyage, I do recall that some counseled a bit more of a shake-down cruise and, indeed, that was one of Andre's regrets/lessons learned that he posted in his post voyage report. He was otherwise a paragon of efficiency.
No thank's don't care to remove other people's "issues". Anyway he a he and not a she.

WIll note to not post anything (voyage report) en route, unlikely to have email anyway.

Will take your point on shake down.

Cheers
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-10-2008

Zephyr88 is on a distinguished road
Talking about dreams.

Had a nasty one the other night.

My boat (Zephyr) was going down in shallow water (4 meters) and before she broached before going down on her side I got caught up in the shrouds.

Still not happy about that one.
Old 07-10-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Not sure doubters is the right word. I think it's more trying to make sure you're not getting in over your head. Maybe you are, maybe you're not. In either case it's in the spirit of trying to be helpfull, not critical. Best of luck.
Old 07-10-2008

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr88 View Post

At this point things are starting to get busy here at home so might have to delay going over to US till late 07 / early 08 which will work out better weather wise, but baby it's going to be cold up there.

Zephyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by US27inKS View Post
??????????????

Did I miss something here?
Must be using a very slow computer and on dial up. He must be on his way by now .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 07-11-2008
Helms ALee!

tenuki will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway21 View Post
Now that we have all the niceties out of the way I anticipate a rush of female responses....
Unfortunately I believe the rush is in the opposite direction than fantasized.

Old 07-15-2008

Omatako will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
There is one major difference, the OP is talking about leaving the US EAST COAST, not the WEST COAST. So, he's not planning on heading straight to OZ in any way.
I was a little concerned about his geography anyway, more so after reading some of his later posts and what you say about him leaving from the East Coast makes that ever more dodgy. The way I understood some of the earlier data was that he was expecting this voyage to be over in a little over a couple of months . From the EAST COAST!??!? Go figure. Anyway I was just going on the title of the post which says West not East, I never realised he had changed his plans somewhere amongst the posts.

And Zephyr's understanding on cyclone seasons in the Pacific lead me to believe that his area of preparation should be focussed somewhere other than the boat

Having said that, the point of departure doesn't change my views on the preparation. I wouldn't have changed my prep if I had been leaving from the East Coast.

Given the latest info on his intended voyage, perhaps the "hysterical" reaction (just quoting an earlier post ) is justified.

Andre

Last edited by Omatako; 07-15-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Now he sits in the bottom of the ocean. - CD
CD, don't take the Down Under thing that seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
We are all a bit miffed as to how he gets his internet connection, -CD
We call it deepband

Andre
Old 07-15-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Omatako-

My understanding is that he'll be doing a Caribbean hop as a shakedown, or that was the plan as he stated in his OP. However, leaving from the east coast does add considerably to the schedule, since he either has to go around Cape Horn, through the canal, around Cape Hope, or down the Med to the Suez canal—rather than a straight Trans-pac passage. Any way you look at that, it is at least an additional two-three months, if not more for any passage to Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr88 View Post
Intro

After reading some of the previous threads re: looking for female crew and almost split my sides laughing I thought I would prepare myself for the onslaught of my offering. I'm a single, good looking, tall dark and handsome 44 year old. So here goes crew, do you best. Hopefully the right lady is out there waiting for this post.

One female crew wanted to sail well founded 37' to 41' yacht (I'm looking to buy in US and sail home to Australia in late 08) from east coast US to Bundaberg, Australia. The route from Fort L. or Annapolis might take in Bermuda and Windward Islands as a shake down cruise to test compatibility. At this point a decision will be taken as to proceed to the Pacific via Panama or Cape Horn enjoying Rio and Buenos Aires (Tango and steaks). Then onto Valparaiso and the Galapagos.

You are 28 to 40, of good nature and narrow beam. Sailing experience not required, but some experience in heavy weather will tip the scales to the Cape Horn adventure.

All expenses to be shared equally. I am not looking for a cruise passenger. If you are travelling on a shoe string budget this will not suite either of us as I am not looking at subsidising someone elses lifestyle.

If you have wealthy parents that are prepared to support your adventures, or of independent means, all the better.

Cheers
Zephyr88

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-15-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
SD,
You can say that again!
Old 07-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Any way you look at that, it is at least an additional two-three months, if not more for any passage to Oz.
You bet!! And if he's only planning to gather crew when he gets to the west coast, he's seemingly planning a Panama transit single-handed and probably short of expertise. He can hire rope handlers to get him through but that'll cost him a few $$$ on top of the already heavy transit fee.

With this cost plus the investment in time and money getting the boat from source to Panama, once again the logic of buying a vessel on the east coast is sketchy when looking at the used boat stock available on the west coast.

The whole voyage description seems a little dodgy, male or female ought to be real careful about a crew position here.

Andre