Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008
PNW transplants in CA

paul77 is on a distinguished road
Delivery captain needed Seattle to San Francisco

We are moving our boat, and we need a captain (and crew)!

The boat is a CG documented 1997 Hylas 46, surveyed last in October. Equipped with EPIRB, SSB, Radar, GPS, Autopilot, Winslow 6 person liferaft, in mast furling main and 130% furling genoa.

Vessel carries 200 gallons of freshwater and 100 gallons of diesel. Engine is a 65hp Yanmar with 2900 hours.

She is in good condition, EPIRB and liferaft are being recertified, and some other maintenance items will be completed.

This would be from Seattle to San Francisco. In mid-late august. If possible, we'd want to either join the boat for the departure or the inbound leg to SF.

Please PM me if interested.

We'd prefer a captain who will sail the boat rather than motor down the coast, though we understand that this would depend on conditions and safety factors.

Last edited by paul77; 07-25-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Ok I will bite. I hold a 100 ton masters of oceans. Made just over 50 deliveries to the Caribbean. Have may own crew. $900 a day 400 for me, $150 for each crew (only 2) 25 a day for meals times 3 , the difference is for dessert. plus air fair back and forth.
Old 07-25-2008
PNW transplants in CA

So you are located out of NY? I suppose I should note, we'd prefer a west coast skipper + crew if only for people familiar with doing this trip. Have you done any pacific coast deliveries?
Old 07-25-2008
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Paul, this time of year the run South wouldn't be too much different than a run South across the Gulf Stream, if the Pacific High stays around. Three crew for a run like this? I'd use four total considering that ya can't put in anywhere before SF if the weather comes up.
Old 07-25-2008
PNW transplants in CA

The gulf stream runs north though, whereas the pacific current goes south -- so I suppose this should be even easier. Weather permitting..

Speaking of weather -- would carrying a trysail, drogue, para-anchor, etc be expected?
Old 07-25-2008
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Oh yes, especially off this coast. PM me if ya like.

Last edited by CharlieCobra; 07-25-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2008

dp02840 is on a distinguished road
Hey Paul! My name's Drew and I'm interested in the trip. I'm 22 and from Newport Rhode Island. I grew up around the ocean and boats and have spent the last few summers racing and crewing 12 meter yachts. We did a few deliveries to nantucket and surrounding areas. When were you planning on having the boat leave? What is the pay, etc. Also where are you moored/docked? I work at elliot bay marina and would like to meet and see the boat if you are around that area.

Thanks!
Drew
Old 07-26-2008

danielgoldberg is on a distinguished road
Try Hank Schmitt. He's got an outfit called Offshore Passage Opportunities (www.sailopo.com). The great thing about Hank's outfit is that you pay only for the skipper. The crew come along for free because they're looking to build up sea time for a variety of reasons (mostly to get to another level of licensing).

If that fails, try this woman July Hildebrand (judyfood@gmail.com). She's got a 100T Master License, and has tremendous experience, not to mention a super nice and responsible skipper.

If you reach out to either Hank or Judy, tell them I referred you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-28-2008

arenuiwaka is on a distinguished road
Hi there, I am delivering a 170 ft research ship from seattle to long beach next week. After that I am free. I have great sailing experience and just completed my 100 ton masters captains license. My prices are very competitive. I will be in seattle wed. I can have my own crew(my wife and a friend if needed), and just finished 975 miles on our 42 foot cat. If this interests you please PM me, I like to talk on the phone more than type.
David A. Girvin
Old 08-07-2008
Licensed Captain

oceansolutions is on a distinguished road
delivery

Hi Paul77, iwas wondering if you are still looking for a delivery captain. I have both my USCG 200 ton and MCA 200 ton and have extensive sailing experience on the west coast. I lived in Ballard for a year. Please let me know if you are still looking. Thank you

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.