Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008
It's 5 O'clock somewhere

kccollbran is on a distinguished road
One or Two Crew Needed

I will be needing one or two crew members to make a passage from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to Melbourne, Florida in early fall, date is yet to be determined. This is an approximate 4,000 mile trip. Best case scenario 25 days. Watches will be 4 to 6 hours on. A good knowledge of sailing is required, you will not be required to skipper the boat. We will have to transit the Panama Canal, and wait for a weather window in Colon before starting across the Caribbean. This trip will be video documented for later TV broadcast.

You must be able to live in cramped quarters for extended periods of time, get along well with others and have verifiable personal and/or professional references.

Please make a generic post on this thread, if I'm interested I will PM you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2008

SAVegas is on a distinguished road
I am interested in this opportunity -

37 year old sailor, ISAF Cat II, ASA Bareboat certs, PADI Open Water, West System trained for repair and build, 12 Volt /110 V savy. Can Navigate either paper charts or chart plotter. Very versed in reading and extrapolating weather data for accurate forecasts.

Experience includes:

Farr 40
Beneteau 40.7
Racing Tri's (2nd Multi to finish 2008 Chicago to Mackinac race)
Cruising Cats
E-Scow / A-Scow
J-105

Also accomplished videographer and writer for online sailing magazine (Sailing Anarchy)

Please contact for more information
Old 08-03-2008

redstripesailor is on a distinguished road
I'm interested.

I'm a 26 year old male currently working aboard a 100' traditional schooner as first mate. I'm in the process of getting my 100 ton. I have worked aboard a variety of boats; from instructor at Outward Bound's Hurrican Island sailing program to officer aboard 150ft square riggers to engineer aboard high speed ferrys in Alaska. The majority of my sea time was acquired offshore and I've participated in a trans-Atlantic sailing race. I've made repairs on boats in the yard and 1500 miles at sea. I'm a PADI diver and I have all of the navigational, sailing and maintenance skills one would expect from this background.

In addition to this boating experience I worked as an EMT and helicopter flight medic for a total of six years during and after college. I'm very easy going and sociable and I'm familiar with living on a boat; several years of my life have been spent in fo'csles up and down the eastern seaboard. If you're interested I will be happy to send you a full resume and refrences.

Last edited by redstripesailor; 08-03-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2008

mlove is on a distinguished road
I am interested in this trip.

Hi, My name is Mike Love.

I am 57 and about to retire. I'm ASA bare boat certified. Have chartered boats in the BVI and the Bahamas. I have sailed my own 22 ft boat in the Florida Keys and gulf coast.

I am a controls engineer and pretty good with electronics and mechanical systems.

Depending on when you are planing to depart I would like to go with you.
Old 08-09-2008

ughmo2000 is on a distinguished road
51 year old male, retired firefighter/paramedic with extensive offshrore experience including Mex west coast.

Would be very interested in hearing more of your plans and terms.

Cliff
Old 08-24-2008

mlove is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I was wondering if yo have selected anyone for your crew yet.

Best of luck with you project.

Mike Love
Old 08-26-2008
Boat Oar

Climbnsail is on a distinguished road
Interested,
Experienced sailor on many many boats, from dingies to 80' sail (ASTSA).
Experienced Diesel Mech., Electronics (12vDC and 110vAC amongst the other international types (mostly 220vAC)), navigation, cooking, cleaning, etc.
Used to run Charter boats as skipper in FWIs
Speak some spanish
I play well with others.
Like to fish.
Wilderness First Reponder (www(dot)wildmed(dot)com) for nine years.
PADI AOW diver

Last edited by Climbnsail; 08-27-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2008

JulleGylling is on a distinguished road
Dear Mr.KCColbran,

I am kindly inquiring about the schedule of your trip?

I have skippered 4 atlantic crossings 1 Pacific crossing and a lot of different sailing in around Europe.

Is this paid position ?

Looking forward to hear from you,
Julle Gylling
Old 10-18-2008

arenuiwaka is on a distinguished road
Hi I am interested,
I am A USCG 100 ton master, I just finished a 7 month cruise on my 42 ft cat with my wife. I have been sailing my whole life and have first aid, fire fighting, marlinspike seamanship, nav and radar training. I am 24 get along with people quite easy. I also love the outdoors, surfin and diving. Well this is just a short list but if it sparks an interest shoot me a PM.
Old 10-18-2008

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenuiwaka View Post
Hi I am interested,
I am A USCG 100 ton master, I just finished a 7 month cruise on my 42 ft cat with my wife. I have been sailing my whole life and have first aid, fire fighting, marlinspike seamanship, nav and radar training. I am 24 get along with people quite easy. I also love the outdoors, surfin and diving. Well this is just a short list but if it sparks an interest shoot me a PM.
Unfortunately, the post below is the last one from kccollbran.
You wouldn't want to sail with someone who insisted on 4 to 6 hour watches anyway, would you?

You know, I don't have available 10's of thousands, as apparently most of you have. My Rawson is in exceptional shape, the most recent survey was April of this year, her diesel has less than 800 hours. I've sailed her in Force 7 winds and seas most of you wouldn't even venture into. I've been on a boat since I was 4 years old, I've been boating and sailing for over 40 years. She's my boat and means a lot to me. I've received a couple of private messages that make a lot of you look like xxxx. There have been a couple of times that I have gotten real help from this site, but most of the time, it's a bunch of guys who get on here and see who can one up the next one on jokes and criticism.

I am going to ask one of the moderators to remove this thread and I'm deleting my account.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.