SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

looking 4 a crewposition

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 · (Edited)
looking for a crewposition

first hi 2 all
i'm looking for crew position aprox. November 2008 till open.
I'm male 47 from Switzerland (living there at the moment) and citizen from australia. I do sailing since abouth 20 years with longer and shorter breaks, basicly on lakes and only four weeks bluewater expierence. I just finished the theoretical examination 4 bluewater sailing. So i can do navigation and chartwork. But i will get expierences and 2 know all of good seemansship. In this case i look for a crew position on a sailingboat with a good skipper, who likes to give his knowledge to a interested person. In return he gets a helping hand, where ever it needs one. I'm a reliable and social person.
If you dont have a position like i look for it right now, maybe u can give me some hints, where i can get some contacts for my intension.
Thanks to all who help me go along
Martin

#3 · (Edited)
To further speciald's point here is the website for the ARC (Atlantic Rally for Cruisers - and yes, they go both ways - across the Atlantic that is): Welcome to World Cruising Club ARC Europe rally
I could not find out where 2 sign up as a volunteer crew 4 u. By the way, using 2 for 'to' and 4 for 'for' is not all that impressive to a boat owner or skipper who happens to own a $250,000 boat unless he or she happens to be a young person like yourself. I do not think that many people who own expensive ocean going boats do a lot of text messaging, IMHO. YMMV.
Edit: maybe things are a bit different in CH or OZ but I think spelling out your words makes you seem older and wiser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.