Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2008

tschmidty is on a distinguished road
I started with 250 since that is about all the trailer is worth and the boat is a gamble. Then I figured what's a couple more bucks in the hole. At this point I think it will work out, but we'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2008
Anything-Sailing Founder

ckgreenman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Well good luck. Unfortunately I don't really have a place for it to sit while I'm working on it which is one of the reasons I passed. The one thing that was in pretty good condition was the mast although there is no mast step (not a huge issue). The fiberglass looked to be in great shape too. I just hope you're aware that you're gonna be spending a LOT of money on deck hardware since there is basically none.

I do wish you a lot of luck on it though. 16 ft is a good size and is what I was looking for in a boat but I was just not prepared for that much work.

Although it's probably a better deal than the j22 on Hwy 16. The mast (and step) was ripped from the deck when one of the stays broke. The guy is asking $3k for it with trailer and (he says) 18 SETS of sails. I have a feeling it's gonna sit a while. At least until he can get the deck repaired.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Meet me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ignore Power = Currently Rebuilding
--
Old 09-25-2008

tschmidty is on a distinguished road
That is a crazy price for that J22. And yeah, well aware on the hardware, although it is a pretty basic little boat so I will fabricate some things, and cheap out on as much as I can until I see if it's worth it to get real stuff. And I am a pretty good online shopper so I think I can piece something together. For Lake Norman it's not like I need to worry too much about strong winds and/or getting stranded.

I will probably fabricate a mast step and boom for now, if it works out I will get a new one from Dwyer masts, who seem pretty reasonable.
Old 01-14-2009

xsailor is on a distinguished road
I just moved to Cornelius a month ago. looking for opportunities to sail. I raced in centerboard in my past life, and some yatch racing too. I'm open to anything with a sail on it pretty much. Looking forward to regattas too.

Let me know if anyone is looking for a crew out there!

Cheers
Old 01-15-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Hey xcheers How's it goin. I'm still looking for a boat myself but I know there are several people on here from the LKN area.

I think Lake Norman Sailing Club is getting ready to start their Winter Wednesday Night series.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

--
Old 01-15-2009
'87 Pearson 27'

jackytdunaway is on a distinguished road
make it warm up and the wind blow at the same time at we will have a sailing party. I have not put the sails up since October and it is killing me. I'll even buy the beer
Old 01-15-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

Crap. And I'm gonna be out of town this weekend. Of course it's gonna be freaking cold. Low tonight of 15.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

--
Old 01-15-2009
'87 Pearson 27'

And i was thinking of an early saturday am sail
Old 01-15-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

Wait. How early? If I don't have to work in my wife's shop....... We aren't gonna be leaving until late Sat afternoon.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

--
Old 01-15-2009
'87 Pearson 27'

Real early. And we have to jump in the water 1st and wash the muck off. It will only be 9 degrees

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.