Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2008

tschmidty is on a distinguished road
I started with 250 since that is about all the trailer is worth and the boat is a gamble. Then I figured what's a couple more bucks in the hole. At this point I think it will work out, but we'll see.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2008
Anything-Sailing Founder

ckgreenman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Well good luck. Unfortunately I don't really have a place for it to sit while I'm working on it which is one of the reasons I passed. The one thing that was in pretty good condition was the mast although there is no mast step (not a huge issue). The fiberglass looked to be in great shape too. I just hope you're aware that you're gonna be spending a LOT of money on deck hardware since there is basically none.

I do wish you a lot of luck on it though. 16 ft is a good size and is what I was looking for in a boat but I was just not prepared for that much work.

Although it's probably a better deal than the j22 on Hwy 16. The mast (and step) was ripped from the deck when one of the stays broke. The guy is asking $3k for it with trailer and (he says) 18 SETS of sails. I have a feeling it's gonna sit a while. At least until he can get the deck repaired.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Meet me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ignore Power = Currently Rebuilding
--
Old 09-25-2008

tschmidty is on a distinguished road
That is a crazy price for that J22. And yeah, well aware on the hardware, although it is a pretty basic little boat so I will fabricate some things, and cheap out on as much as I can until I see if it's worth it to get real stuff. And I am a pretty good online shopper so I think I can piece something together. For Lake Norman it's not like I need to worry too much about strong winds and/or getting stranded.

I will probably fabricate a mast step and boom for now, if it works out I will get a new one from Dwyer masts, who seem pretty reasonable.
Old 01-14-2009

xsailor is on a distinguished road
I just moved to Cornelius a month ago. looking for opportunities to sail. I raced in centerboard in my past life, and some yatch racing too. I'm open to anything with a sail on it pretty much. Looking forward to regattas too.

Let me know if anyone is looking for a crew out there!

Cheers
Old 01-14-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Hey xcheers How's it goin. I'm still looking for a boat myself but I know there are several people on here from the LKN area.

I think Lake Norman Sailing Club is getting ready to start their Winter Wednesday Night series.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

--
Old 01-15-2009
'87 Pearson 27'

jackytdunaway is on a distinguished road
make it warm up and the wind blow at the same time at we will have a sailing party. I have not put the sails up since October and it is killing me. I'll even buy the beer
Old 01-15-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

Crap. And I'm gonna be out of town this weekend. Of course it's gonna be freaking cold. Low tonight of 15.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

--
Old 01-15-2009
'87 Pearson 27'

And i was thinking of an early saturday am sail
Old 01-15-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

Wait. How early? If I don't have to work in my wife's shop....... We aren't gonna be leaving until late Sat afternoon.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

--
Old 01-15-2009
'87 Pearson 27'

Real early. And we have to jump in the water 1st and wash the muck off. It will only be 9 degrees