SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Femail Captain needs Crew this Fall

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I am a felmale captain looking for crew and or sailing companion from the NY area to the Bahamas this fall. Departure date around mid to end Sept. I plan on going off shore (weather permitting) but also stoppping along the way to explore and visit interesting places.
The boat is a 38'' Contest with all USCG safety equipment, SSB, autopilot etc.
Check out a photo of the boat in the classified section.
Requirements... must be easy going, have a great sense of humour, be able to cook, help fix things and share expenses.
Contact me at captaincatherine@hotmail.com

Thanks

Catherine

#2 ·
Catherine,

Hello. My name is Greg. I am an American 33 year old male in great shape looking for an interesting group of people to crew with. I have a basic understanding of sailing, wind, physics and Spanish. Strong analytical, mathematical and scientific background. No sea miles, but willing to pay my dues with the lion''s share of grunt work in exchange for the opportunity to learn.

I''m a very hard worker, intelligent, personable, well rounded, balanced and cultured. My interests include anything outdoors, sports, hiking, camping, cooking, music, reading and anything on the water.

I am a soon-to-be ex-New York technology professional looking for a change of pace and some time to re-evaluate my career options. Let me know if you are interested in discussing this further.

Cheers,
Greg

gneidig@yahoo.com
new york, ny
http://hometown.aol.com/gneidig/myhomepage/index.html

#8 ·
Just came back from trying the ROUTE from Cleveland Ohio to Florida on my 37 Irwin. My crew of one wasa apin in the ass and I could not handle the boat myself and had noanswers as to finding a crew while 15 miles into the Erie Canal. DO you still need a crew? I look like David Letterman, have a wit, AM an owner (4 boats), know how to crew, can make decisions, will protect yur investment in the boat, shower daily, don''t smoke, drink as needed, and eat out of cans. I would like to sail to Florida, West Palm Beach. Oh yeah, I can fend for myself financially, if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.