SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Watergate Marina Kemah TX (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/49176-watergate-marina-kemah-tx.html)

easygoing 11-24-2008 12:28 AM

Watergate Marina Kemah TX

Can some one tell me if Watergate Marina in Kemah TX is still after Ike?
I had a slip there and plan on returning. If not standing mabe I will go some place else. Thanks

SeaDiamond 11-24-2008 08:58 AM

Watergate Marina survived Ike.

The Watergate Marina is still there after Ike. I keep my boat there and a few of the Piers were wiped out but most were still standing. I was able to move my boat to a different Pier and everything is good. They are rebuilding the clubhouse and pool etc. I recommend it as a good place to keep your boat in Houston.
Here is a pick right after the storm:

HuskerDave 11-24-2008 08:58 AM

Kemah

We just did our sailing lessons out of the Waterford Harbor. I don't know which one is Watergate, but the marinas we went past on the way out into the Bay were all in pretty good shape. There were a few damaged boats and some areas along the shore that still had a lot of damage, but the marinas were all active.

Good luck

PBzeer 11-24-2008 09:19 AM

Watergate is the one to the right of Waterford as you drive in.

easygoing 11-24-2008 11:39 PM

Thanks for your reply's. I plan to move my boat to Watergate and would like a slip near the pool. I will be a live aboard. My boat is in FL at present but plan to sail it to TX soon. I lived at Watergate before for about 2 years. Very nice marina. One more year on this contract in Iraq then I will be doing the same as PBzeer just Wandering Aimlessly. Thanks for your help.

PBzeer 11-25-2008 12:07 AM

If you can't get in at Watergate, try Marina del Sol. It's a bit further into Clear Lake, but also a bit cheaper than Watergate.

easygoing 11-25-2008 05:18 AM

Thanks for the info. I know this Marina and it's not bad for most but it just want suite my needs. It's to far nup the lake for me. When the northerners starts to blow want have enough water to get out. I have a 6' draft. If I can't get into Watergate mabe I will try Boardwalk Marina. I here it did not get hit so bad.

PBzeer 11-25-2008 05:29 AM

Boardwalk came through pretty well. Also has much deeper water than anyplace past the bridge, as well as higher prices.

easygoing 11-25-2008 06:13 AM

Thanks PBzeer, But you have to do what you have to do. The main reason not wanting to choose Boardwalk is the noice,and all the tourist. I don't think
it will be to much of a problem getting back into Watergate. Besides Warergate is close to Skippers, my favorite meeting place. Mabe some day we shall meet at Skippers and I will buy a cup of Java or better yet a beer.
Again thanks for all the feed back.

PBzeer 11-25-2008 06:33 AM

I left Texas last year (it's were I bought my boat). Not expecting to be back soon. Good thing about Clear Lake, there's so many marinas it's not that hard finding a slip. Met the Boardwalk Dockmaster in Marathon last winter and have a friend with an Irwin 37 there.