SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Looking to crew on Treasure Coast FL

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I am in Stuart Florida and looking for yacht clubs or just people that want crew for sailing. I spent last summer at the Wayzata yacht club in Minnesota crewing on Sonars, Capris and a few other 20ish foot boats. I have also taken several of the ASA classes so I am not a complete noob. I also take direction well.

I am quite willing to become a member of the club if that is required. It worked out well to do that for the WYC just for the beer and food after races. :)

Even just some names of clubs would be helpful. I did not have much luck searching the tubes but if nothing else I can go walk some marinas and ask around.

#3 ·
The boat is a Sparkman&Stevens aluminium 1975 raceboat I have rebuild as a cruiser.Send email I send pictures.I want to sail from Jacksonville, FL to Key West Asap, before going off shore.Have sailed from Maine.Boat is in great shape with lots of new equiptment. 8'draft and 68' mast.We are a retired easy going Danish couple. Our final desination on this trip is Mexico, where we live.

#5 ·
Hello Isadane,

I am currently available, looking for a sailing opportunity in Florida and would be glad to help on your trip to Key West.

I am 39, Canadian (I speak english & french, but unfortunately not a word in danish), and have completed my yachtmaster offshore ticket.

If interested, email me for further details to: prl4769 at gmail dot com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.