SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Hilton Head: looking for boat to help crew on (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/50860-hilton-head-looking-boat-help-crew.html)

Coolstr85 01-26-2009 03:52 PM

Hilton Head: looking for boat to help crew on

Im looking for a boat to help crew on around Hilton Head. I have a little sailing experience but not much. Im willing to help clean, sand, scrub bottoms, etc. for casual sailing lessons. I'm a 23 year old mature male in great shape and love water sports. I will work very hard just for a chance to get out on the water. so if anyone needs a crew for regatta racing, day sailing or weekend trips please get in contact with me! thanks! -Taylor

sailortjk1 01-26-2009 04:53 PM

Stand in the middle of the Island and yell, SOOOOEEEEEYYYYY!!!
That should be in your very best Hog Calling Voice.
The Hog will come a running.

FYI, there is a member here that goes by the name of Sailhog.
He might be able to help you.

Just be careful, if you know what I mean.

huguley3 01-26-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolstr85 (Post 438430)
I'm a 23 year old mature male in great shape and love water sports.

Every girlfriend I have ever had says that there is no such thing as a mature male...

Coolstr85 01-27-2009 08:03 AM

well i tried the hog call outside. the neighbors think im mental and they said they don't have a sailboat. so hopefully he will reply here with some helpful info.

and huguley3 my girlfriend would probably agree with you.

sailhog 01-27-2009 09:30 PM

Taylor,
I'll be heading out this weekend, weather permitting. I'd be more than happy to show you the ropes.

jackytdunaway 01-28-2009 06:01 AM

I thought you worked through that bondage phase. Are you still taking your meds?

sailingdog 01-28-2009 06:50 AM

At least he's back to ropes, and not using chains, shackles, and handcuffs...;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackytdunaway (Post 439354)
I thought you worked through that bondage phase. Are you still taking your meds?

Coolstr85—

Sailhog's a good egg...and if you get a chance to sail with him, take it....he's got a twisted sense of humor, some small personal hygiene problems, like excessive flatulence but is a good egg overall. ;) The one major caveat is that he, like CruisingDad, does sail a Catalina...so the sailing may be marginal at best. :)

Coolstr85 01-28-2009 06:27 PM

Hey Sailhog
Thanks for contacting me. I got your PM but it wont let me reply until i have 10 posts. Id really enjoy going out on your Catalina. What time were you thinking about casting off? Unfortunately I have to work until noon on both Saturday and Sunday. If i don't hear from you until then I will give you a call.
Thanks again,
Taylor