SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Crew wanted transatlantic (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/52428-crew-wanted-transatlantic.html)

jdavignon 03-13-2009 07:53 PM

Crew wanted transatlantic

Hello all, I am happy to report that I have filled the position once again.

Joe

New Update! My crew had to withdraw unexpectedly. So the position is open. i am looking for unpaid crew for a transatlantic crossing from Massachusetts to the Med via the Azores and Madeira. I expect to leave about May 24. Crew would be free to return home when we reach the Azores or at any subsequent port. I do not expect crew to share costs and I will cover all boat related expenses including port fees. For budget easons I will be unable to pay travel or other expenses so the crew will need sufficient funds to return home. My vessel is a Bristol 35 yawl rig with an extensive equipment list. I did the Atlantic circle solo two years ago but I would prefer to have crew. It makes the trip more fun.

Joe

sailingdog 03-14-2009 10:57 AM

Just curious—will crew be expected to split costs or are you providing food, drink, paying customs fees, etc??

kananumpua 03-15-2009 09:53 PM

jd,

I sent you an e-mail.

jdavignon 05-03-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kananumpua (Post 462474)
jd,

I sent you an e-mail.

I don't believe I received your E-Mail could you resend.

jdavignon 05-04-2009 08:50 AM

Atlantic Crossing

I am trying to reach huguley3 who sent me a private message about my crew position but the sailnet software is not allowing me to post a reply to his message because I do not have enough PMs. Could you forward this to him and ask if could contact me off list. I am also posted at 7knots.

Joe

huguley3 05-04-2009 09:35 AM

I sent you another pm with my email address. You need 10 posts to pm someone so if you go to the off topic board you can usually find a thread to get your post count up without annoying anyone.

AZBlueDevil83 05-06-2009 02:57 AM

Very interested in the trip. Firefighter/EMT currently race crew on a Peterson 41 out of Newport Beach. Prior life was as a lawyer. 47, fit and plenty of time. References available. Only caveat is I cannot leave until May 27 at the earliest. Email to luckbealadyatsea@gmail.com.

aplummer 05-11-2009 12:22 PM

Alright!!

Hey Joe,

I'm headed to Malta, Im currently in New Jersey and wouldn't mind pacing to the Med with ye! ARGH! heh... anyways, Im I 27 yr old Navy vet. 8 yrs. honorably... Been on nothing but big boats. Relatively new to the yachting sails, however am quick, fit, and witty... Don't scare easily and love a good adventure. Your dates are almost perfect as I am plan to be in the Med as early as the beginning of next month. If you still have slots, let me know..

-Anthony

aplummer @ psda . com