Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2009
Global Eco Traveller

JT101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JT101
CREW WANTED FOR AUSTRALIA - ASIA (reply before end march)

Hi

I have found a position on boat sailing from Australia to Indonesia, then onto Singapore, Malaysia & finally Thailand.

Approx costs & timeline: $15/day covering food & fuel. 4 weeks to Bali (indonesia), 6-8 weeks to Singapore, 8-10 weeks to Malaysia or Thailand.

Requirements: Travel insurance, social pass tourist visa for Indonesia to be arranged beforehand

Normally it is $20/day, but with more people it is less, hence me asking for additional crew.

For more details contact me

James 0421591146, roddersf1@yahoo.co.uk

NEED TO KNOW BEFORE END OF MARCH
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
At $15 per day, the food better be awfully good... That's over $100 per week... and I can provision my boat for a hell of a lot less than that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

óCpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

StillóDON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-25-2009
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Why is it that this sounds suspicious ?

"I have found a position" then goes on to try and sell berths. OK, so it's cheap as chips but me, I don't like the sound of it.

Feels like one of those "I've just found a great new product, you should buy one too" posts.

If people cannot be straight right from the start.....you have to wonder don't you ?

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 03-26-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Mr. Wombat,

I wondered the same thing at first, but then I read his other post to the Crew Wanted forum (quoted below) and it did seem to jive okay with this one. Or am I naive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT101 View Post
Hi! English backpacker with sailing experience looking to help crew on a boat to Asia

Please contact me if you need a fun and interesting crew member. Iím a bit of a jack of all trades, mechanical, artistic, can turn my hand to anything.

Crewing Experience: Fiji - New Cal (Oct 07, 14days, 2 crew, 14m monohull) & New Cal - N.Z. (Dec 07, 12 days, 4 crew, 17m catamaran)
Recently sailed 4 days on a cargo ship from N.Z. to OZ, and some shore sailing on small boats in OZ

I would like to go to Bali, bur I am definitely open to alternatives

About me: English, male, 29, Engineer, speak english, german & french, fun, friendly & reliable.

Ready to depart asap

Please contact me (James) at:

roddersf1@yahoo.co.uk or 0421591146

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 03-26-2009
Global Eco Traveller

JT101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JT101
We have enough crew

We have enough crew now, but just incase of cancellations, feel free to give me your details.

And for those detectives out there trying to prove me a fake, keep up the good work