SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

East Central Florida Cruisers Wanted

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I own a 30 ft sloop located near Daytona, Florida and I sail single handed inside and outside with crew. I'm looking for crew to sail local waters, including day sails offshore, as well as trips to St. Augustine, Cape Canaveral, Jax or Ft. Pierce.

I'm retired, so my 'weekend' starts on Monday and doesn't end, so scheduling is very flexible.

Email your interest to: ggrizzard@cfl.rr.com

#2 ·
young female in need of sailing job

Hi! Glad to find our post. I hope i'm not too late. Let me copy and paste the post i've been posting since it will explain my situation.

Hi, I'm Jess from Florida. I'm a bit new to the sailing world, however i've always been VERY interested in it, and especially in owning my own boat eventually. Sounds silly, but I grew up living in preserved state parks, surfing, scuba diving, fishing, etc, so i've always made the ocean a huge part of my life, and to me, the ultimate thing for someone as free spirited as myself is to travel and live via sailboat! I'm currently living out of a suitcase, so i'm leaving no real ties behind, except for a vehical and lots of surfboards in storage.
I'm currently looking for work in the Cocoa Beach or St. Augustine area with or around boats, just to learn as much as possible, and I'm also looking to sail with anyone who needs a hand keeping the boat clean and tidy. As long as i'm not paying anything and i'm making a little bit of money and learning, i'm happy. It can be long term or short term. the sky is the limit.
I'm also a surfer, a musician (singer songwriter guitarist) so the guitar comes along, and i have a beautiful siamese himalayan cat less than a year old who actually isin't too bothered by the water. She's been going to the beach since she was born.
I'm up for traveling to other countries, and i do have a passport ready to go. Anything I can find to help me learn as much as possible (and of course help me pay for food, etc) is appreciated.
Jessica

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.