SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   North Carolina to Florida - Earl May (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/53726-north-carolina-florida-earl-may.html)

Openc 04-22-2009 12:47 AM

North Carolina to Florida - Earl May

Experienced cruiser looking for 1 or 2 crew to help me sail my Allmand 35 south. The trip will most likely be a combination of intercoastal and outside passages, depending on the weather.

Experience preferred but not strictly necessary. No drugs and drinking only in moderation. A love of sailing is mandatory.

sailingdog 04-22-2009 08:00 AM

Welcome to Sailnet. I'd highly recommend you read this POST to help you get the most out of sailnet. You'll also need a minimum of TEN posts before you can reply to any PMs.

I would also recommend you say what your beginning and destination ports are and what date you're looking to leave and how long you intend to take to get there.

SteveInMD 04-22-2009 11:03 AM

I'm interested. I've got some time in early May.

I raced boats all over the Chesapeake for years. I took some time off to do the family thing, but now I've got the itch to do some longer trips. I've got a Catalina 42 near Annapolis - I do my own maintenance so I'm no novice there. I've taken classes on engines and electrical system and I get along well with electronics. I've got about 6 ocean trips under my belt - the last one was September 2008. I was the captain bringing a Bene 38 from Portland, ME to Annapolis. I can provide references.

SusieHortman 04-22-2009 03:43 PM

Cook and cleaning

I would like to be hired to clean and cook. I am a 47 year old wife and mother who cooks really well. I would like for it to be long-distance sailing or cruising. I have a life time of excellent references. I am trustworthy, responsible, and react wisely during crisis situations. I love nature and water.

Thanks,

Susie Hortman

tjhabel 04-26-2009 05:02 PM

If you are still looking for help, I'd love to know the dates you are thinking. I am eager for sailing experience and was considering doing it in May as well. I am 30, single male, able bodied and coming from Wisconsin. Thanks for the consideration. I am willing to work hard for experience sake if their are boat needs as well.

Thanks,

T.J. Habel

HamptonMorgan22 04-27-2009 11:33 PM

Response to crew wanted.

I would be interested in learning more about the dates,length of trip, your sailing experience, etc. Kinda short notice since it is very close to early May already. I have 2 years of sailing experience, but always looking for more. I restored on older boat and have been sailing it successfully for about a year and a half now. I am very handy with tools and maintenance, etc. I am a fairly simple laid back kinda guy. 30 years old. Live in North Carolina. Let me know thanks. Hampton

pfinnie 04-27-2009 11:49 PM

I would definitely be interested in helping you out on your passage.

I am a 20 year old engineering student from Charlotte NC.

I've got several hundred miles of cruising experience and three ASA certifications.

Contact me at preston.finnie(at)gmail.com

Porthos1961 05-01-2009 02:12 PM

Openc;

I am interested in your adventure but I see you have many responses so please consider me as a last resort applicant ... LOL.

Specifically; I live and sail a Pearson Triton built in 1961 and with well over 40,000 miles under our keel in the last 7 years. All told I have probably well over 100,000 sailing miles in just over 40 years of actual sailing. Plus I am a retired US Navy Captain with 31 yrs in and out of submarines. So as you can see I don't think I need much more sailing experience but would like to do this simply for the love of sailing. I am ALWAYS up for a new sailing adventure --- ALWAYS ;o)

Adios;
Gregg

bobmaz2 05-04-2009 09:22 PM

Where in Fla.? How long a trip?

JLynn 05-09-2009 09:24 AM

Hm.... i'll clean the whole way back, and i'm looking to learn as much as I can about sailing! I'm actually in Florida, but ould be willing to find another sailboat up north to return me home.