Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2002

wahine sailor is on a distinguished road
sail around the world...

I am looking around for another crew member who would like to circumnavigate. I surf and would like to stop in the S. Pacific for awhile. You would have to be a some-what experienced, easygoing and adventurous person, preferrably around my age, 18-20something. And you would need to be willing to commit to this long-term. I would like this trip to be organized but not too well-planned because the best trips come from just exploring. You would also need to have energy and be excited about this! I want to see the world and have a fun time doing it! Reply if you''re interested!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2002

tgj7 is on a distinguished road
sail around the world...

Im 20, I have the same dream of circumnavigating. I live in Oregon on the columbia river about and hour from the coast aboard my 36ft cascade. It''s a strong boat built for bluewater.Im in the process of paying off my loan and refiting the boat. I have the same plan of hitting the south pacific and beyond. I plan on taking it easy and enjoying a schedule free life. My hobbies are scuba diving, bungee jumping, sky diving and i have been wanting to take up surfing for ever. I plan to leave in 3 yr. Well I guess that''s enough about me Im very interested in hearing more about your plans.
Old 11-14-2002

wanderluster is on a distinguished road
sail around the world...

Interestingly enough, I too am from Oregon. When do you plan to sail?
Old 11-14-2002

wazzu is on a distinguished road
sail around the world...

hi. i am a 24 year old college grad. i have a little experience, i spent three weeks sailing 20''ers in baja last winter. I have been surfing a few times and would really like to learn. if you need someone with more experience i understand, but if you want a willing and able student, i pick things up quickly and already know the very basics. let me know the details of the trip you are planning.
Old 11-15-2002

Kahuna winds is on a distinguished road
sail around the world...

Talk about the answer to my pipe dream. I am very interested. I am 20 and live in Florida. I surf(as much as gulf coast surfing allows), and have some limited sailing experience in our waters, but am hungry for much more. As far as adventure goes, bring it on. I have been looking for a chance to get out and see the world without dealing with deadlines and agendas. To be able to do that on a sailboat while surfing spots that I have only seen in dreams, videos and pictures, forget about it, that is just the creme on the pudding. I plan on moving down to Antigua in about a year or two to live with my grandfather aboard his 27'' Catalina until I can acquire a boat of my own, but will happily set that aside for the time being to circumnavigate and surf.
Could you provide some more information as to some details of the trip and its preparation.
Thanks,
Old 11-16-2002

ajstomps is on a distinguished road
sail around the world...

hi there
i''ve been looking for a sailing experience with a young crowd... i know the basics, and am interested in getting to south pacific to learn more, and just have a great adventure... 22 year old female, college grad, very quick learner and a team player,generlly handy, athletic...
I''d like to hear more about your plans-
thanks
AJ
Old 11-30-2002

jbarros is on a distinguished road
sail around the world...

ah.... my people.

Hi, 23, sailing for about a year now. Just got a 22'' sloop which I''m fixing up and getting ready to sell for a Triton, or other pocket cruiser to fix up and circumnavigate on.

So far everything seems to be going ok for me. My little sloop has been allowing me to spend some time overnighting at the Channel islands, and day sailing with friends, finding who does and does not do well with the ocean.

If anyone wants some crew for a bit, I''d love the experience, but when I go for real, it will most likley be on my boat. I''m still getting ongoing finances figgured out.

But lets hear your stories. Make sure you check back and let us know how your doing as your journey goes.

Fair winds and following seas.

-- James
Old 12-23-2002

littewing is on a distinguished road
sail around the world...

Good to see some of my own out there.
I''m 22 and am rebuilding an Irwin 25, and also build new power yachts at a boat yard.
Sounds like a nice adventure, I might be up for a leg or two of it, as long as you''ve got the right boat and equipment, I don''t just yet, but I''m working on it. That''s why I''d like to crew on someone elses boat for awhile. I can offer lots of experience in boat handeling, navigation, etc. Drop me a line let me know your plans, i''m always up for adventure
Old 01-18-2003

youngpoodah is on a distinguished road
sail around the world...

21 graduating from school this may. My projects a flicka. Near term (within the next year) plans call for the carribean. Who know after that. Still will probably go to grad school sometime. I''m not up for a circumnavigation but would love to help out anyone for a leg or two. I''m in VA. The boat is on the yeocomicco (off the potomac right at the mouth). If anyone''s down this way let me know. It''d be great to get together with some dreamers.

Old 01-22-2003

the Hun is on a distinguished road
sail around the world...

Hy I am a 25 year old sailor from Hungary. I sail quite a lot (racing and blue water) all over the world. Right now I work in an office and I hate it. Also I windsurf, if you invite me I would love to join leave everything here and spend some time where it is windy and no hurry.
No matter if Florida or elswher on the world. Just cheelin like the wheelin...