SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Baltimore-Annapolis area newbie looking for experience (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/55656-baltimore-annapolis-area-newbie-looking-experience.html)

crobro 06-25-2009 12:46 PM

Baltimore-Annapolis area newbie looking for experience
 
Hi my name is Matt, and it has been a dream of mine to live aboard once I am out of school. I have little experience, but I know the basics. I'm looking for some experience with living aboard and possibly cruising. Available from now till late August, and any weekend.
Thanks,
Matt

T37Chef 06-25-2009 03:30 PM

You should start by learning how to clean boats, scrub them till they shine like new. You should also spend time learning how to paint the bottom and wax the hull.

I would be willing to help you learn this on my boat, and its close to where you are so it would be very convenient for you to clean my boat, wax it , etc.

Just let me know, we can start the learning this Friday, then Sunday when we return from our weekend trip

:)

crobro 06-25-2009 10:29 PM

I am unavailable this friday, but sunday sounds good. Let me know where I can meet you and any other information you can give me.
Thanks,
Matt

sailingdog 06-26-2009 07:12 AM

You're are an evil, unrepentant bastage... ;) Funny though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by T37Chef (Post 500019)
You should start by learning how to clean boats, scrub them till they shine like new. You should also spend time learning how to paint the bottom and wax the hull.

I would be willing to help you learn this on my boat, and its close to where you are so it would be very convenient for you to clean my boat, wax it , etc.

Just let me know, we can start the learning this Friday, then Sunday when we return from our weekend trip

:)


MMR 06-26-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crobro (Post 499969)
Hi my name is Matt, and it has been a dream of mine to live aboard once I am out of school. I have little experience, but I know the basics. I'm looking for some experience with living aboard and possibly cruising. Available from now till late August, and any weekend.
Thanks,
Matt

Crobro...

We're in the Annapolis area and out on our boat nearly every weekend. Friday night is "race" night for our Yacht club, but we are pretty relaxed about the "racing"; more of a "do the course w/o spilling the beer" race. You are welcome to join us any Friday, or for weekend sails. We love to have folks aboard.

I'll PM you with our contact info....never mind T37Chef..he's been grumpy lately...must be lacoboat syndrome!

:laugher

T37Chef 06-26-2009 09:03 AM

I have been haven't I...can I blame the workplace? :)

MMR 06-26-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T37Chef (Post 500278)
I have been haven't I...can I blame the workplace? :)

Works for me! Besides...you're getting on the boat soon...just keep breathing and smiling until then!

T37Chef 06-26-2009 09:12 AM

yea, and you'll be in the BVI...sweet uh, have a safe trip.

MMR 06-26-2009 09:21 AM

Going to be interesting...logistics for wedding, plus 30 people coming in at various dates/times who have NEVER been out of the country, much less in a water/island environment but "wow, I've always wanted to go to the Caribbean".

Could get interesting. Not seeing the vacation part of this yet - maybe after the wedding, eh?:rolleyes:

sailingdog 06-26-2009 01:42 PM

MMR... send me a post card... :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012