Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009

tartanpartner is on a distinguished road
Sailing Partner

Home Port, Annapolis, Md.
Relocation on the Chesapeake is possible

Tartan 34C owner needs an experienced sailing partner. No investment!!!
Partner should expect to "Captain" the sloop-rigged, diesel powered craft on his own, with his own people, and with his own schedule. Incidental expenses will be discussed.

Owner and his crew expect the partner to join them occasionally for "shakedown" day sails and possible trip planning. Beer consumption while tied at the dock is required. The owner wants the boat to get more attention and more use than he can give it alone.

The 1976 34C Tartan is well equipped topside with a very good genoa, a good main, and well maintained hardware. This is an overpowered sailboat with a reputation for excellent performance. The beam is 10-6. Some appearance work will be done topside during the season, but it will not interfere with sailing.

Below deck the cabin is poorly equipped; the galley was never properly outfitted. The liquid fuel stoves have been thrown overboard. The built-in ice box is cute; good for beer but little else. The GPS, depth finder and VHF are all functional but will be replaced this year. (to gain space through better mounting configurations)

The diesel is a 1987 Yanmar, 3gm30f, (fresh water) with low hours. The diesel has been completely rebuilt; exhaust, injection system, alternator, starter, pumps. It's like new, and will be under warranty for the remainder of 2009.

The boat is "DRY" !!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
I am not following you - are you saying you want someone to come sail your boat for you so it will get more use? For free? You pay for everything? ALl they have to do is take you out periodically?

What am I missing??

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 06-26-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
That's how I read it too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
I am not following you - are you saying you want someone to come sail your boat for you so it will get more use? For free? You pay for everything? ALl they have to do is take you out periodically?

What am I missing??

- CD

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

óCpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

StillóDON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-30-2009

billyruffn will become famous soon enough
I did a partnering deal like that many years ago. A guy in the UK had his boat in the US but he couldn't use it very often. In exchange for use of the boat, I covered all the operating expenses (except insurance) and over the two years I used it I made many "improvements" in terms of equipment / sailing gear (e.g. new batteries, loran, a radar).

The deal worked out well for both of us -- he got his boat back in better shape than he left it and I learned that you should never calculate the cost / weekend or cost/sailing hour. I also learned that the only way you can make sense of owning a sailboat is to live on it, preferably in a warm climate where rum costs no more than $5 a fifth.

PS -- Twenty years later we're still very good friends and have sailed many miles together.
Old 07-01-2009

SeabrookSailor is on a distinguished road
Partner wanted

I saw your posting and I got excited and curious. I would love to talk to you about it. Ever since Hericane Bess (ex wife) Iíve been homeless, and since Hurricane Ike Iíve been boat less. I havenít even been sailing since Ike come to think of it. Iíve been thinking about ways to keep sailing while I find and fix up a new boat to live aboard again. Sometimes I think God helps with the tiller at times.

I travel nationally in my job (needless to say Iím licensed, bonded and insured to the max) and stay in hotels when Iím not traveling. I could very well stay at a hotel in the Chesapeake area as well as any other. Since Ike, most of the marina is gone and most of my old sailing friends have sailed on, Iím ready to put out an anchor again, somewhere a little less out of the line of fire. I was flipping a coin on either Moro Bay or Puget Sound when I saw your posting.

I have 30 years experience sailing, fixing, and tuning small boats. I have finished most of my sailing courses and I can bareboat up to 40-45 feet. I have coastal experience in Puget Sound and Maine, and offshore in the Gulf. (Can you say pounding to windward?). I am working on my Coast Guard 6 pack and am updated on CPR and First Aid. Iíve been partners before and it worked really well.

With a GPS, I can usually find my way back home or at least where I started from. (Except maybe for that time when I swore the skipper said head for Dublin. She told me she said head for Duck Island). I sand and varnish a lot better and faster after two beers, but I never drink unless the boat is tied or there is a designated skipper. Iím more of a wine guy but any port or ale in a storm as they say.

Thatís about it in a nutshell. I would love to help you fix up your boat and will leave it better than I found it. Drop me a line and maybe we can go for a sail. Thank you for reading this. Michael
Old 07-17-2009

tri413 is on a distinguished road
Interesting post. I'm in Richmond, VA but grew up sailing/racing on the Sassafrass in my parents 34' San Juan. Now married w/ 3 kids at 33, I live on a reservoir where I keep/race my 19' Flying Scot, but it's just not the same as the Bay. I am very handy on boats (google: "balsa repair" - #1, that's me) and have helped to rebuild a Wellington 47 and re-rig a Bristol 29 in the Bahamas - ask me about the 250' of 1x19 in my suitcase. I just finished repainting my Scot with Interlux that I sprayed.

What exactly are you proposing? I will work to sail
Old 07-29-2009

UncleJim is on a distinguished road
Still looking for a partner? I'm just two years back into sailing and would love to talk about your offer.
Still a bit of a novice but know my limits and not afraid to learn,
I'm over in NOVA but make the trip to Mayo just about every weekend to sail or rebuild something on the boat.

let me know and I'll bring the beer.

Jim

as we both have a post count of under 5 we can not send PMs so email me at cjfjones_a_comcast_dot_net and change the _a_ to @ and the _dot_ to .
I know it seems obvious to most but just out of courtesy to those who don't
Old 07-30-2009

john186 is on a distinguished road
No posts from tartanpartner in four weeks, sadly I guess this dried up. and I bought all this beer! At least I have a solution for my problem..
Old 07-30-2009

UncleJim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by john186 View Post
No posts from tartanpartner in four weeks, sadly I guess this dried up. and I bought all this beer! At least I have a solution for my problem..
Thought I'd give it a try anyway. guess I'll go back to rebuilding my Mac26 and dreaming of 30+ ft and being able to afford it