Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009

exactlythat is on a distinguished road
Crew Available - East Coast USA and Atlantic Canada

I am a hard working, dependable, and easy going crew member available to assist with a delivery or cruise. I love sailing. I am very comfortable on the water and I am looking for opportunities to further develop my sailing skills.

I could join the vessel anywhere in Atlantic Canada or the eastern coast of the USA. I am currently located near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada but I am willing to travel. I am available during the month of August (2009) and would be willing to commit to at least 2 weeks to a delivery or cruise.

Experience:

A couple of years ago, I spent a summer learning how to sail on my 23’ sloop, which I have since sold. I often soloed that boat. Before that, I had spent several months working on private yachts; most of my duties were maintenance related, but I was also involved in navigation and watchkeeping. I also spent two summers working on tall ships converted for cruising. I currently race on a Tanzer 22 but I am most interested in cruising.

Training:

Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW ’95),
Restricted Radio Operator’s Certificate (Canada)
Recreational Boater's License (Canada)

Personal Information:

I am 28 years old and in good health. I am very easy going, good humoured, and trustworthy. I am active and spend a lot of time skiing, cycling, and hiking. I have travelled a great deal in the past and love meeting new people, being challenged, and seeing the world. I am currently studying environmental law but have a good chunk of time off this summer. I hope to cruise extensively in five years time, and would like to add to my experience in the mean time.

If anyone could use an extra hand onboard, please contact me at: exactly_that (at) yahoo.ca

Last edited by exactlythat; 08-09-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook