Free labor/crew in exchange for training- Savannah Ga - Page 2 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009
Canuck Sailor

canucksailorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailorguy
Cripes, can I MARRY this guy? Where was he when I was refitting my boat? Alan, feel free to contact me, I'll be coming down the ICW in the fall and, if it's possible, would be happy to take you along for a sail. If you want to know more about me, catch my article in the July SAIL magazine on the North Channel or November's issue, on Cuba.
Wally
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2009

alanr77 is on a distinguished road
Stroke of bad luck

Hello all. First I want to thank the people who have offered to allow me to help them. I have quite a few emails sitting in my inbox that should keep me busy over the winter. I can only compare this openness with my other hobby; motorcycling. Like the motorcycle crowd, people here seem genuine in regards to the willingness to share their knowledge and help others.

Unfortunately, I hit a snag in my plans. Due to an accident, I had to have surgery on my foot last month that basically put me out of commission for a few months. My sailing classes are on hold as is my availability to help others with their boats. This should not last to long though as I am out of the wheelchair and on crutches. Soon I will be walking again (hopefully by mid November) and plan to begin taking people up on their offers; provided they are still available.

Please keep the offers coming as this is an open ended deal; as in I will still be doing this through next year. I have taken heed to the vast amount of advice on this board regarding my boat purchase- as in I am in no hurry. Projects can be had for next to nothing but it seems wise to save money and purchase a serviceable sailboat to start with. This means that I will not have my own boat for next season and will be spending my time in sailing classes and helping others with their boats.

Thanks for the link to the sailing club that meets in Thunderbolt. When I am able I will go down there for Breakfast and introduce myself. Alan

Last edited by alanr77; 10-19-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-19-2009

dailywarren is on a distinguished road
Dude! Sorry about the foot.

That blows. What do you ride anyway? I cruise around on a '96 Honda Magna VF 750 Deeeeeeeelux! And just because it's purple and white doesn't mean I'm gay ... not that I'm unwilling to learn. It's a screamer too: 4 carbs, 4 pipes, basically a racing engine stuck on a cruiser's frame.
Heal up, pup! And keep us in the loop, Snoop.
Spencer
Old 10-26-2009

alanr77 is on a distinguished road
Ride an FZ1, R1 engine in a standard. Adding a Bonneville to the stable shortly though.