Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009

justinraine is on a distinguished road
Young, eager Canadian looking for adventure.

Hello everyone!
I am a 20 year old from Vancouver, British Columbia. I have taken a break from the normal routine of life and am traveling the world for 12 - 16 months. I have been going since May and am now in Italy hoping to find someone looking for a hard working crew member!

I completed the CYA (Canadian Yachting Association) Basic Cruising Standard last October aboard a 38' sloop. Since then I have been craving to go back to sea!

I would love to work aboard your vessel. I am a social and hard working young man. I am not able to contribute financially, but will do whatever work that is asked of me. I can likely make my way to most places in the Mediterranean to meet up with you. I am able to start as soon as August 25.

If you are interested or have any questions at all, feel free to email me at justinraine at gmail dot com.

--
Justin Raine

Last edited by justinraine; 08-20-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Hey Justin, welcome to SN dude! Good luck on your crewing hunt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009

Selkirk is on a distinguished road
I am speaking to you as a 64 year old who left home at 17 and never went back.

I hope your adventure is a good as mine. I hope you go all the places you ever wanted, learn to do all sorts of work, be tolerant of other people, and follow through with your plans even though they will not very often work out the way you thought they would.

In my years:
I have been to 49 states and 18 foreign countries. I have fought in a war, been assigned to both the Colombian and Filipino navies, piloted a hydrofoil, flown sailplanes, sailed yachts, and built houses.
I have a radio-telephone license with shipboard radar endorsement, a ham radio license, pilots license, residential home builders license, home inspection license and commercial truck drivers license.
I am a certified automobile mechanic.
I was once the top salesman in a Fortune 500 company employing 2500 salesman.
I play the guitar and violin, and played with the Auburn University Symphony at the age of 15.
I can recite "The Cremation of Sam McGee" in its entirety.

There is a long journey available to you, young man (and you women out there, too). It will not always be fun and often not easy. You will want to go home.
And most do go home. They give up on their dream of reinventing themselves and hacking their own way through the world's jungle. They go back to what is familiar and safe and even though none of them has told me, I sense that they end up dissatisfied with the product that is themselves.
They ask me about this place or that and I can see in their melancholy eyes that their thoughts have turned inward toward the disappointment that they almost, but not quite, allow to bubble to the surface.
Do not allow yourself to become one of those men.