SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Catamaran sailing Thailand (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/59264-catamaran-sailing-thailand.html)

markomark 10-26-2009 12:45 PM

Catamaran sailing Thailand

I've spent the last couple of months sailing in low season in Thailand, which wasn't too good...always raining..;-)

My 45 ft catamaran (Lagoon 440), is now in Langkawi, and I'm probably going to head back to the boat in December or January and do some more sailing in around Phuket etc in the high season.

I'm looking for fun people to join me for sailing in the area, possibly out to the Similans, and if they are female then all the better... no sailing experience needed but ability to learn fast would be good...

I'm 45, fit and hope to stay that way for a while...

Shared food expenses only - everything else I pay for...and food in Thailand is generally cheap.

hope to hear from some adventurous souls.

mark

Andrew01 10-27-2009 04:59 AM

sailing cruise in the Philippines

Hi Mark,
am looking for a sailing cruise in the Philippines, indonesia or Malasia as (paying) crew
Andrey (andrey5874 dog;) googlemail.com)
What’s your email?

AirWarrior 10-28-2009 05:21 PM

Hey mark-
I might be what you're looking for. Not female but recent layoff victim and adventurous soul looking to learn a bit more about yachting. I've sailed my whole life and think I could be of help. May I have your email as well?
Regards,
Charlie

agnes747 10-29-2009 06:28 PM

Sailing with you from mid-December

Hi Mark,

I love sailing, swimming and snorkeling.
It would be great to join you for 2/4 weeks from mid-December up to mid-January.
I am good at steering and not bad at "obeying Captain's orders".
I've been travelling quite a lot and would love to discover new islands and new people.
Agnès

Quote:

Originally Posted by markomark (Post 535639)
I've spent the last couple of months sailing in low season in Thailand, which wasn't too good...always raining..;-)

My 45 ft catamaran (Lagoon 440), is now in Langkawi, and I'm probably going to head back to the boat in December or January and do some more sailing in around Phuket etc in the high season.

I'm looking for fun people to join me for sailing in the area, possibly out to the Similans, and if they are female then all the better... no sailing experience needed but ability to learn fast would be good...

I'm 45, fit and hope to stay that way for a while...

Shared food expenses only - everything else I pay for...and food in Thailand is generally cheap.

hope to hear from some adventurous souls.

mark

markomark 10-30-2009 01:01 AM

Agnes, please can you send more info about you, sailing experience and perhaps a picture or 2, to britinaustralia at aol dot com.

apurves85 11-04-2009 02:15 PM

Sailing in Thailand

Hi Mark,
I very interested in joining your crew! I recently graduated from the University of Hawaii with a degree in Marine Biology and looking for my next new exciting adventure. I love anything to do with the water surfing, swimming, kite boarding, sailing or course, and I'm an experienced Scuba Divemaster. While I have little open water sailing experience I have a strong desire to learn and would love to have my own live aboard one day. At this moment in time I would be free to join your crew as early as January 7th or 8th. I look forward to hearing back from you!
-Andrew

imagine2frolic 11-04-2009 02:32 PM

GEE,

I wonder who will get picked. Especially after reading "obeying Captain's orders". Sounds like some knot lessons in Anges's future:D ......i2f

Cruisingdad 11-04-2009 04:45 PM

I am going to sound like the typical dad here when I repsond, but so be it.

I hope that ANYONE, and thqat includes males but especially females, does a thorough background check on anyone they wish to crew with or for. Once you get on a boat, there is no getting off unless you can tread water a really, really, really long time and do not taste like seal.

There. I said my piece.

- CD

markomark 11-04-2009 08:55 PM

it also goes the other way..

It also applies that one should check out the person joining a boat, since when you are at sea anything could happen.

I've had a blog up for the boat for the last 4 years now, and that is fairly easy to check out past history of the boat and it's owner. It's all fairly transparent and I would have more to lose than anyone coming on the boat.

As for preference for females, I just tend to get along with them better.

imagine2frolic 11-05-2009 08:50 AM

As for preference for females, I just tend to get along with them better.

Point well made.......LOLOLOLOL......i2f