As I said, I am gratefull for all your input (feeling very depressed now lol)
I am going on saturday and will decide when i am there to either left her there for the winter, or to sail her south right away to better wether condition till spring.
Navigsr: La raison pour acheter un bateau aux EU, est l'enorme difference de prix avec l'europe. Ce sera mon premier. Je la ramener en angleterre pour la vendre, et recommencer jusqu'a que je puisse acheter selui que je veut garder pour le tour du monde que ma femme et moi voulons faire.
It's getting pretty late in the season, even for a dash south. If this is your new plan, be sure to pack some VERY warm clothing for your trip. It will be cold.
Until you get well south, you should stay coastal so that you can escape the bad weather and wait for fair conditions in safe harbor.
That route would take you west into Long Island Sound, past New York City, then down the coast of New Jersey to Cape May. At Cape May, you would enter and head northwest into the Delaware Bay, to the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal (C&D Canal), through the canal to the headwaters of the Chesapeake Bay, then down the Chesapeake to the Intracoastal Waterway. The Intracoastal Waterway can take you all the way to Florida in protected waters.
You would need good charts. You would also need to make sure the boat is in safe operating condition before setting off (Did I read something about some engine problems?) Again, bring all the warm clothing that you can manage to carry (thermal underwear, hats, gloves, parkas, etc).
There are plenty of Sailnet members along that route who will help you with local advice, so don't hesitate to sign-on and ask for guidance. Many of us speak and read French, so feel free to use your native tongue if the english words are not flowing.
P.S. As for your plan to sail the boat to England and sell it for a gain -- have you considered all the variables such as VAT issues or import duties?