Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009

NaviGsr is on a distinguished road
Pq tu as achete un bateaux ici pour retourner immediatement en europe? Il y a plein de bateaux en Angletaire et aussi en France!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Ma chere Grenouiile:
Je te suggère de contacter Lorenzo, sur le site Hisse-et-oh, pour lui parler de son voyage Transat qu'il a effectué cet été dernier. Il ne s'est pas trop amusé - en plein été. L'atlantique nord en hiver est à éviter, surtout avec un petit bateau sous-équipé. Ta femme a raison de ne pas vouloir t'accompagner... est-ce qu'elle a une grande police d'assurance contre ta vie dans le cas où...? Autant plus que le Cal 34, quoiqu'un assez bon bateau de croisière cotière, n'est pas conçu pour les longs voyages. Les haubans et les étais d'un bateau tellement agé risquent d'être assez fatiqués aussi. Les AffMar ne te laisserait pas partir à la Transat sur un Biloup, mais la Garde-Cote américaine n'as pas les mêmes règles à suivre. J'ai fait la Transat une fois, partant de Connecticut au mois de juin, pour aller en Irlande. Nous avons eu deux semaines de brouillard, et trois tempêtes, avec les déferlants de 6-7m et le vent plus fort que le mistral (+ de 40noeuds) pendant des journées entières. On peut y arriver- parle avec Lorenzo - mais ça n'a rien à voir avec le Route du Rhum.
From Babelfish:

My dear Grenouiile: I suggest you contacting Lorenzo, on the site Hoist-and-oh, for him to speak about his voyage Transat qu' it carried out this last summer. It s' is not amused too much - in full summer. L' North Atlantic in winter is to be avoided, especially with a small under-equipped boat. Your wife at a rate of not wanting t' to accompany… is this qu' she has a great police force d' insurance against your life if…? As much more than Cal 34, quoiqu' a rather good boat of coastal cruising, n' is not conceived for the long voyages. Stays and the stays d' a so old boat risk d' to be enough fatiqués too. AffMar would not be let leave to the Transatlantic race on Biloup, but the Coastguard American n' ace not same rules to be followed. J' made the Transatlantic race once, on the basis of Connecticut in June, to go to Ireland. We had two weeks of fog, and three storms, with the breakers of 6-7m and the wind stronger than the mistral (+ of 40noeuds) during whole days. One can arrive there speaks with Lorenzo - but that n' have nothing to dohas nothing to do with the Road of Rum.
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing.
Old 11-09-2009

AlanP39Yawl is on a distinguished road
I had a CAL29 of the same vintage. Nice Boat, but blue water without a rigging beefup... NO. I also had a Westerbeake 25 of that vintage and if it is a 4-91 or W30 you can't get parts anymore. 29 gal of fuel for a crossing
It has been nice hearing from you, but if you attempt to make that trip in the winter in that boat I expect we won't be hearing from you again
Old 11-09-2009
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
C'est fou!

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-10-2009

frogma is on a distinguished road
As I said, I am gratefull for all your input (feeling very depressed now lol)
I am going on saturday and will decide when i am there to either left her there for the winter, or to sail her south right away to better wether condition till spring.
Navigsr: La raison pour acheter un bateau aux EU, est l'enorme difference de prix avec l'europe. Ce sera mon premier. Je la ramener en angleterre pour la vendre, et recommencer jusqu'a que je puisse acheter selui que je veut garder pour le tour du monde que ma femme et moi voulons faire.
Nick
Old 11-10-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogma View Post
I am going on saturday and will decide when i am there to either left her there for the winter, or to sail her south right away to better wether condition till spring.
Navigsr: La raison pour acheter un bateau aux EU, est l'enorme difference de prix avec l'europe. Ce sera mon premier. Je la ramener en angleterre pour la vendre, et recommencer jusqu'a que je puisse acheter selui que je veut garder pour le tour du monde que ma femme et moi voulons faire.
Nick
No reason to be depressed. You have a beautiful boat. (And get a survey before your pay for it.) Sail her south along the coast, picking your weather along the way. That would be fun!

You also found a great site to ask questions. I have asked many questions and have recieved much help on this site.

You also are reasonable. Some people have already make up their minds on dangerous things and we hear about them in the news - they can lose their boat and sometimes their life. You listen to advice, so you are already a success to me.

Make sure to post back here. we love to hear about people having fun with their boats. Have fun!

Regards,
Brad
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing.
Old 11-10-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogma View Post
Nick
Nick,

It's getting pretty late in the season, even for a dash south. If this is your new plan, be sure to pack some VERY warm clothing for your trip. It will be cold.

Until you get well south, you should stay coastal so that you can escape the bad weather and wait for fair conditions in safe harbor.

That route would take you west into Long Island Sound, past New York City, then down the coast of New Jersey to Cape May. At Cape May, you would enter and head northwest into the Delaware Bay, to the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal (C&D Canal), through the canal to the headwaters of the Chesapeake Bay, then down the Chesapeake to the Intracoastal Waterway. The Intracoastal Waterway can take you all the way to Florida in protected waters.

You would need good charts. You would also need to make sure the boat is in safe operating condition before setting off (Did I read something about some engine problems?) Again, bring all the warm clothing that you can manage to carry (thermal underwear, hats, gloves, parkas, etc).

There are plenty of Sailnet members along that route who will help you with local advice, so don't hesitate to sign-on and ask for guidance. Many of us speak and read French, so feel free to use your native tongue if the english words are not flowing.

P.S. As for your plan to sail the boat to England and sell it for a gain -- have you considered all the variables such as VAT issues or import duties?

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 11-10-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
If it were me, I would leave the boat where it is and make plans to move the boat in the spring.
Late November 2006 nor'easter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never Forgotten

Old 11-10-2009

peteris is on a distinguished road
documentation

Frogma - I am also living in Europe and am purchasing a boat in the US to cruise in the South for a while, but eventually planning on importing it to Europe. I'm just wondering what documentation you will have, because you cannot register the boat in your name in the US. Also, you will have to apply for a radio license as well.

It has been VERY difficult for me to get any clear answers on this from any authority, and was wondering if you could tell me what you know.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb2 View Post
If it were me, I would leave the boat where it is and make plans to move the boat in the spring.
Late November 2006 nor'easter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ditto.

Nick, My earlier comments were only intended as generic advice if you insist on moving the boat in November. I agree with Bubb2 that your best course of action, given the lateness of the season, would be to wait until late spring before setting off.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT