Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2009

joeyebrows is on a distinguished road
Cross atlantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogma View Post
Hello my little foireign friends! I am back.
Just spent e week on my boat "castaway" in RI. ( i see that u keept the ball rolling). well, it was good, she is great. She is now out of the water, having some work done on the engine, She is registered in my names(in RI) and I paid the sailing licence. I am ordering a new set of sails and am planning of getting back there early march. My wife will be sailing down to Florida, maybe even the bahamas, before flying back home, and then the crossing to azores for me.
So- when are you planning to do the transatlantic? Still need/got room for another?

Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2010

frogma is on a distinguished road
Hi

Sorry it took me so long to answer, I have been busy and haven't been on line much.
I am planning the crossing starting mid marsh from RI, going down south to try and get better weather, and then across toward the azores and up to the uk. I am plannig on doing it solo, but am still open to taking someone on board for the ride!!
Where are you located? What kind of experience do u have? Age,ect...?
Let me know if you re still looking for fun, and we'll see if we can work something out.

Take care !

Nick
Old 01-10-2010

rickardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogma View Post
I have just purchased a sailing boat (34ft) in Rhode Island and am looking for a one person to assist me in sailing her back home to England! I'm hoping to do this at the end of January 2010. I'm French and have not sailed a boat this distance before, infact i have not sailed for a while! I was going to do this solo but my wife is insistant that i have someone alongside me, and due to her work commitments she cannot do this! So if there is anyone interested please contact me.
I have a 34 Morgan in fla. so I know the size .. I have crossed the atlantic in Jan. , but that was on the USS YORKTOWN. A carrier, you don't want that month to cross. I would suggest May , there are a lot of sailers crossing then, safety in numbers my freind, good luck and gods speed. Rick
Old 02-15-2010

mevemuller is on a distinguished road
salut,
Cherches-tu encore quelqu'un? Je suis du Québec et je serais intéressée à faire la traversée vers l'Europe à partir de la fin avril-début mai. Réécris-moi,
Marie-Ève
Old 02-16-2010

varktheaard is on a distinguished road
Hi
I am glad to see forr your sake you waited until the weather improved.

Are you still looking for bodies?

I am a professional delivery skipper, based in Brittany (Vannes).

Drop me a line if you are stilll looking.

regards

Damian
Old 02-16-2010

Bellita is on a distinguished road
I brought a boat down from Virginia to Puerto Rico just before Thanksgiving. I too was thinking about doing it solo, but a friend with zero sailing experience volunteered to go for company and extra hands. He was really needed only twice, but had he not been there with those extra hands, I'm not sure what the outcome would have been, but it would not have been pretty.
Please be safe.. if you are not current with the boat, take someone with you. You never now when two extra hands holding a wheel while you are battling sails in 20 foot seas can save your rigging and possibly your life or boat. I'm talking from experience. By the way... it was freezing cold the first 4-5 days then. I cannot imagine doing that trip now until it warms up a bit. Take the time/money and have the rig really throroughly checked by a competent rigger. I ended up having to have 3 of the standing rigging lines replaced before leaving. I cursed the cost when I paid and praised his work after going through a trip that was a living hell for several days of unbelievable wind and wave action. my rig stayed strong and upright with the work done.
Good Luck and God Speed to you.
Old 02-28-2010

americayachteuropa is on a distinguished road
Sailor with privat GPS Garmin from Saint Martin Caribbean to Europe from March 2010

I am in St. Maarten. I'm available for clasic way - unpaid and non-paying CREW POSITIONS. Preparations are from March 05.03.2010 to May from Caribbean to Europe.
I have sailing experience, I will pay all my expences. I have a Ticket to Europa, but I am available also for a Crew. I will check your yacht. Test sailing is nessesary with 3 person crew. No sailing with 2 person crew.
More about me: World citizen with Austrian passport (Europe), 57, je parle france, I speak German and English and many other languages, widower, privateer, non smoker, non drinker, dentist out of service. I like silence. My privat boardpharmacy about 4 kg, and privat GPS system Garmin with enough batteries are also available.
Your Sailor.

Last edited by americayachteuropa; 03-13-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: I am in St. Maarten.
Old 05-02-2010

Beyond2012 is on a distinguished road
anyone going from Europe to America in June?

Im a British lass, environmental biologist and tai chi practioner, looking to crew a small boat from Europe to the east coast of the USA. Preferably near Florida where my own boat waiting for me. Im studying for my skippers licence and will be taking exams and intensive training in the USA for my barefoot certificates. Im a hard working girl , i cope well under stress and little sleep, i'm very observant with detail and a good multi-tasker, am also a great cook and very considerate to fellow crew members, i dont talk all the time, rather thoughtful in nature but i enjoy a good debate and conversation! I speak english and spanish, I'm looking for a mixed crew position only with other females aboard.
Old 06-10-2010

r1texas is on a distinguished road
Are you in England?

Hi,

I just found out this thread and I'm quite in the same situation. I'm French too (Breton meme), and I bought a Beneteau First 310 last year. I'm working on the boat from there to prepare her for offshore sailing. My first stage will be a Gulf crossing from Houston to southwest Florida in november. Then I'll sail her in the Keys for 1 year before to go on Florida est coast to wait for the Atlantic crossing in May/June 2013!!

So if you already cross the Atlantic, I'll be glad to hear your story.

Kenavo,
Erwan.
Old 06-10-2010

marksaviation is on a distinguished road
Scary !!! that kind of trip in a 34ft well found vessel is nothing shy of a major undertaking with a very experienced crew during the delivery season. It took years of planing and prep to get my 41ft boat ready for a Bermuda Race in June! I hope you are not serious!!!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.