Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009

Norway2009 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Norway2009
Crewing up for Norway-Tenerife 2010

Hi..
I have started the search for crew on brand new (even not yet delivered ) Jeanneau 57. we are going around the world, but first leg will be Norway to Tenerife summer- early autumn 2010 and then the Atlantic Ocean late autumn 2010-..
It will therefore be nice allready now to start gathering crew.....
No cost share (food, marine expences and so on is cowered) (exept you pay for your own flight ticket to Norway, and back to wherever you live )
Preferable with sailing skills, but novices are also very welcome. There will be done background checks on crew, so no "runaways", criminals or maniacs will be taken onboard (so dont bother reply if you are in that category).. especially people who has following qualifications is prefered: Medical/Nurse, Diving experience, spanish language skills..

please reply with information about yourself.

Fair wind to all

Last edited by Norway2009; 11-09-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2009

houteiral is on a distinguished road
interested on your voyage

Dear Sir:
My name is Hector Outeiral.
I am a 26 year old trainee nurse studying in North Wales (UK).
I am looking to take time off from my studies to learn to sail.
My plans until you set sail are to at least try and obtain an RYA Day skipper tittle and become as competent as possible.
I am fluent in Spanish and Portuguese and I do have some previous sailing experience but limited to coastal waters.
Relatives of mine own a mussel farming business in the North West coast of Spain and since age nine I have worked as deck hand in fishing boats during summer seasons until 2008.
My overall goal is not only to benefit from your experience as a sailor but also to put some Nautical Miles under my belt and aim towards a Yatchmaster licence.

if not through this website,please feel free to contact me at the following address:

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards
H. Outeiral
Old 11-11-2009

joebo is on a distinguished road
Hi there, I saw your ad.

My post is directly below yours. Thats pretty much me in a nut shell. If you want anymore information just drop me a line.

Cheers

Joe
Old 11-11-2009

joebo is on a distinguished road
The title of the post is - help, information and crewing!

(The damn thing moved, haha)
Old 11-18-2009

wannabee1010 is on a distinguished road
Good Morning from Canada. I read your ad this morning and jumped at the chance. I have my CYA qualification and have the time and money for an extended sail. I am 58, retired, fit, easy going, play guitar and cook. If you are still looking for crew, please consider my application. Thank you.
Fair Winds.
Wallace Bradley
Old 11-21-2009

Grcesq is on a distinguished road
Very interested

Hello,

My name is Greg and I am from New Hampshire, USA. I have been sailing for two years aboard my 1970 Pearson 26. It is a good old boat and I love sailing her and bringing her back into shape. I continue to sail for about 6 weeks after most of the other boats are idle or have been hauled out for the long, cold winter.

I'm 52,divorced, have 3 children who are working or at university (17, 19, 22). I scuba dive with advanced and mixed gas certifications, am proficient in emergency first aid, speak nonfluent, but passable French and .....I am an attorney.

Navigation makes sense to me as I used to fly small, fixed wing aircraft prior to the advent of GPS. I do not, however know how to use a sextant, though I would like to learn the art of celestial navigation.

I am interested in the first leg of your journey, but would be unable to crew for the entire passage. I should also mention that I also am a darned good cook.

Would you tell me a little about your own sailing experience?
How long do you expect to take on the first leg,?
What is the total number of people you intend to have aboard?
Do you have planned stops in other countries?

Hoping to hear from you and wishing you the best....

I may be reached at grcesq1@yahoo.com
Old 11-24-2009

Teet is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I am interested in joining your crew. My name is Teet, I am 36 Estonian male, living in Tallinn, Estonia. I own skipper's certificate that allows me to legally skipper non-commercial vessels of up to 24 meters LOA. I also own Restricted Radio Operator's license. I have passed these exams as I intend to purchase a sail boat and circumnavigate, hopefully in not too distant future :-) My main motivation in joining your crew is to learn and gain experience on the realities of the cruising life so that I would be better prepared for my voyages in the future. My sailing experience so far includes only costal sailing. The longest sailing trip for me has been to Finnish archipelago - we chartered a Bavaria 44 with a group of friends.

My other hobbies are mountain skiing and photography. I have travelled quite extensively. I have scuba-dived in various countries, but have not bothered to pass official certification. I am fluent in English, but learning Spanish is still in my to-do list for my circumnavigation. I guess now it would be a good reason to finally start taking classes :-)

I fully understand that setting up a crew is a critical task and one bad apple can ruin the voyage for everybody. If you are willing to consider me as candidate for a crew member position, please drop me a line so I could send you more detailed information.

My address is: teet @ markus.ee

Regards,

Teet
Old 11-24-2009

alooseleaf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to alooseleaf
Sailing away!

Hello!

My name is Alyssa. I am a 21 year old American student, gearing up to graduate in May 2010 with a BA in Sociology and Anthropology. I fell in love with sailing when I was 10 years old. We had little 10 foot boats at my summer camp, and every chance I got I was out sailing one. This summer I worked as a nanny in Turkey and spent some time with the family on a 37’ Sun Odyssey on the Aegean Sea. This semester at school I took a sailing course where I sailed a 14’ Catalina Capri.

Though I do not have a sailing certification, I do have an irresistible passion for the wind and sea. I am familiar with the intuitive motions of sailing, much of the vocabulary and I am a quick and efficient learner. I hope to have a boat of my own within the next five years, but for now I am looking for the chance to sail and see the world with some more seasoned seafarers.

I am a certified lifeguard (though I think my certification is up this June...) I speak French. I took one semester of Spanish and find that I understand more than I can speak, but also have a propensity for picking languages up quickly (as I saw when I spent time in Turkey and Viet Nam.)
I have a lot of travel experience and have no problem being in a confined space with a group of people for extended periods of time. Countries I have visited include: Italy, France, England, Belgium, Sweden, Germany, Cambodia, New Zealand and Canada. I studied for half a year in Vietnam and worked in Turkey for three months.

I am responsible, reliable and have been bit by the bug for adventure! I work hard, but know when to relax and let loose. I am an excellent cook (and have experience cooking in the small quarters a sailboat has to offer! Not to mention being a college student I have learned how to spice up and make exciting most things that would seem repetitive after a long while…this seems like an important skill when on the water without refrigeration or fresh produce!) I read a lot of books, write poetry, dabble with various musical instruments. Ingenuity, innovation and imagination are strong points. I only need to be told directions once but never hesitate to ask clarifying questions in order to make sure a job gets done right the first time. My sleep habits can fluxuate as needed – which I know is important on long passages when someone is up and on watch at all times.

I love to meet and spend time with people of all ages, work in unfamiliar situations and learn new skills.

I hope you will consider me for your upcoming trips. I am interested in both legs (Norway to Spain and then across the Atlantic). Please reply to conley.ab@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to know more about me!

Thank you!

Alyssa Conley

Last edited by alooseleaf; 11-25-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-26-2009

JulleGylling is on a distinguished road
Crewing up for Norway-Tenerife 2010

Dear Sir,

I am kindly inquiring are you having any paid positions in your boat?

Thanks,
Cpt. Julle
Old 12-04-2009

thsailing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norway2009 View Post
Hi..
I have started the search for crew on brand new (even not yet delivered ) Jeanneau 57. we are going around the world, but first leg will be Norway to Tenerife summer- early autumn 2010 and then the Atlantic Ocean late autumn 2010-..
It will therefore be nice allready now to start gathering crew.....
No cost share (food, marine expences and so on is cowered) (exept you pay for your own flight ticket to Norway, and back to wherever you live )
Preferable with sailing skills, but novices are also very welcome. There will be done background checks on crew, so no "runaways", criminals or maniacs will be taken onboard (so dont bother reply if you are in that category).. especially people who has following qualifications is prefered: Medical/Nurse, Diving experience, spanish language skills..

please reply with information about yourself.

Fair wind to all

hi, this looks interesting, are in san diego until mid february, preparing my hunter 33 sailboat for sailing to panama then to norway, plan to be in norway in mai/july, please send a reply to torgeir-hansen at hotmail dot com