Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2009
I don't discuss my member

zz4gta is on a distinguished road
Looking for crew for 2010 racing, lower potomac.

I'm looking for some crew who would like to race next year on my boat. I can usually get crew for bigger regattas however the smaller local races on the weekends are hard to find people who want to crew.

I've been sailing for about 2.5 years, bought my Merit 25 in Oct of 07. I've done the Gov Cup a couple times, many bouy races, a few distance races, Screwpile, Annapolis race week, A couple Luekemia cups, and a bunch of other local races on my boat and OPBs. I'm looking for individuals who enjoy small boat racing, no matter the course, and can make a commitment to practice a few times and show up early on race day. The Merit is close to a J24 and requires a crew of 4 to be competative. The crew also must be mobile and willing move around a lot.

I supply food and beverages and take care of boat costs. Please let me know if you are interested and I can give more details about where the boat is and send you some pictures.
Old 11-14-2009
Not just a member

motovationcycles is on a distinguished road
crew

Z,
What days are you racing? and where? I may be available.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan
"Wind Wing"
Piewiet 850 / Dutch Flyer 28
Solomons, MD
Chesapeake Bay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar with the breeze."

Richard Bode
-- from First You Have to Row a Little Boat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2009

During the week would be out for me unless its a friday afternoon/early evening. Friday's I'll usually go out for a tune up sail or move the boat to the race location.

Northern Neck sailing association is trying to get a series of races together for this season out of Port Kinsale Marina. This being a short sail across the river makes it easy for me to get to on a friday evening and crash on the boat for the races on Saturday. I'm also planning on doing the Gov Cup this year, Screwpile, Down the bay (annap to Norfolk), and possibley Southern bay race week. Maybe a leukemia cup thrown in. There are also a couple of other races farther up the potomac at Cobb island, but not sure about those.

Boat is currently at Port Kinsale on the hard getting a new bottom. New windows, and some new running rigging.
Old 11-28-2009

jeffls is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jeffls
crew wanted

Hey I live in arlington, va and would love to crew on some races. I have never raced before but I just finished sailing 800 mile trip on my 31' sloop and am a fairly competent sailor. My boat is really slow though! Full keeled bronze laden heavy displacement cruiser.
Old 11-29-2009

Jeff.
I grew up in Woodbridge and now live in Leesburg, small world. Anyway, I'd love to have you, and to get a good idea about racing, check out this site RACING BASICS - Beginner's Racing Manual

A lot of it is for smaller boats, but all the tactics, weight placement, and sail trim is pretty much dead on.
Old 01-02-2010

Jayhawker is on a distinguished road
Do you have your crew lined up yet?

I have a 2nd home in the Northern Neck and am interested in sailing. How many races do you expect and would they all be out of Kinsail?
Old 01-02-2010

lapworth is on a distinguished road
If you need crew for the Annapolis to Norfolk I would love to try raceing. I have been sailing for 3 yrs. now on my own boat ( 24' sloop). Kinsale may be a little far of a drive every week for me I live near Annapolis.
Old 01-02-2010

Jayhawker, My boat is currently at kinsale marina. I finished stripping the bottom and it's getting put on the trailer this week to take to a fellow merit 25 owner's house to finish the bottom prep. Kinsale marina is trying to get a series of hopefully 6 races for next season. When I start getting emails in March I'll keep you informed.

Lapworth, I just got a ride on a Soverel 39 Avalon for next season out of Herrington Harbour who may be doing some big regattas. However if that skipper doesn't enter things like the Gov cup, down the bay race, and southern bay race week then I'll definitely be entering my own boat in those races along w/ screwpile and some others. I'll post my racing schedule online sometime in march but no later than april to give you a heads up. If the regatta is 'away' then I usually stay on the boat or get a hotel room for multiple day races.

For a couple pics of the boat, check out the last race I did this season YEOCOMICO RIVER REGATTA
Pentex main and jib and out front for the start. My boat is at the bottom of the page in 22-24kts.
Old 04-24-2010

Hadley00 is on a distinguished road
Smile Hope you're still looking for crew in the DC area?

Hi!
I know this is lat but I just found this posting... If you are still doing small races around the DC area and are looking for crew, I'd LOVE to join.

I sailed growing up (sunfish, lightnings, JYs, lasers), but moved abroad for a good number of years and really haven't been out on the water since (tragic). I'm a smaller (around 105lbs) 23 year old girl, but really willing to do my share of the work around a boat. I used to rig and furl with the best of them, though I've largely forgotten what goes into it all. I just remember loving it and that it came naturally. To me, the most important part of sailing is that you're all in it together (be it your crew or other boaters). Also, the sailing community is, generally speaking, one of the greatest groups of people

I have a twin brother who races in the North Americans, Frigid Digits, etc.

I have no idea how to go about finding people looking for relatively inexperienced crew... but I'm willing to relearn and be a positive and productive member of a crew!
Old 04-25-2010

Hadley, thank you for your interest, you are more than welcome to come racing on Audrey. Where are you in the DC area?

For the others I have the schedule from northern neck sailing association and have added some other regattas.

May 15th, round the buoys at NNSA. Page 1
May 28-29th Down the bay Race DOWN THE BAY VIRGINIA CRUISE CUP
June 4-6th Southern bay race week Black Seal Cup
July 18-20th Screwpile lighthouse challenge Screwpile Challenge 2010 Sailing Regatta
July 24 NNSA round the buoys
July 30-31st Gov Cup
Sept 25th NNSA 2 day event

I'm always looking for crew, so please keep in touch and ask any general questions here or shoot me a PM for my cell number.

edit: wow, July is going to be busy...

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.