Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010

OceansWatch is on a distinguished road
Skipper Needed - NZ and South Pacific

OceansWatch is looking for an experienced skipper to run their flagship, Magic Roundabout for the 2010 season in the South Pacific where we will be undertaking marine conservation and humanitarian aid.

This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a lifetime of sailing behind them, a love of the ocean and a proven conservation background. Minimum qualification is the RYA / MCA Ocean Yachtmaster and PADI Open Water diver. Experience must include several ocean passages and miles of coastal sailing.

The position is voluntary and applicants must be prepared to share expenses if funding is not available. Magic Roundabout is a Sweden 34 in good and improving condition! She is dearly loved by OceansWatch and has already completed 15,000 sea miles as our flagship.

Timeline - arrive in New Zealand soon to work on the refit of Magic Roundabout. Leave for Vanuatu by 1st May, returning to New Zealand in November 2010. There will be up to three others on board including marine biologists and divers.

For more info, please email us at info@oceanswatch.org and check out our website to find out more about what we do
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010
Great Captain!

jim0123r is on a distinguished road
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - ALSO PACIFIC YACHT DELIVERIES (same person running both). In 2008 I signed on as skipper for 60 days with them to move an older boat from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas to Tahiti to New Zealand. When the boat was stuck for 24 days in Cabo for engine and sail repairs, my 60 days only enabled me to reach Tahiti. I only received 2/3 of my food allowance and just 1/3 of my agreed-upon pay. I lost $7000 on this one!!
Old 03-15-2010

ChrisBone is on a distinguished road
I am not going to waste time in engaging in an argument on this forum. However I will say that I strongly disagree with Jim's view.
Old 03-15-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Just so there is no confusion here..Chris Bone is head honcho of both Pacific Yacht Deliveries and OceansWatch.

Not that he is trying to hide anything. That information is available from both OceansWatch and PYD's web sites.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.