SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hawaii Newbie

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CaptinRedBeard 
#1 ·
Hello,

My name is Joe and I just moved to Hawaii. Sailing has always been something that has interested me. Last year when I lived in California I was fortunate enough to meet a gentlemen who agreed to take me sailing. The trade was that I did all the work and he would just steer the boat. It was a great trade since he didn't have to lift a finger and I got some experience in what it meant to ready a boat for a sale, store a boat after a sail and sail/single hand.

I was hoping to find something similar here on Oahu in order to gain more experience so that I can purchase a sailboat and be comfortable and confident in safely taking her out. I am willing to partner. My budget currently allows for 150-200 a month. If this is something you would be okay with then read more to learn more about me.

I am a 25 year old RN, I work at Tripler in the ICU and sometimes in the ER. My specialty is Cardio Thorasic ICU. I graduated from the Ohio State University (go bucks) and gained most of my experience as an RN at the Cleveland Clinic. I am ACLS certified and BLS certified. I am also a certified lifeguard in the state of Ohio. I am physically fit and enjoy working out. I learn quick and know the value of team work. If trained, I think I would make a great sailer and great asset to any sailing crew in the form of medic, first aide, and advanced life support. I don't want to race and don't have the time to practice constantly but would like to learn with someone who cruises and has some blue water experience. I know a bit of the lingo but could always stand to learn more. shoot me an email or reply if you are interested or know someone who might be. Any advice would be good.

thanks
Joe
joerockvox@hotmail.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.