SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Retired firefighter, experienced crew (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/62803-retired-firefighter-experienced-crew.html)

ughmo2000 03-12-2010 09:19 AM

Retired firefighter, experienced crew

52y/o retired firefighter/paramedic seeking delivery, boatsitting, or short term cruising positions worldwide as crew, mate, or skipper.

Clean, responsible, easy going. Non-smoker, no drugs, social drinker. Respectful of others and the boat. Don't know it all but have experience on full E&W coasts of US and Mexico, Great Lakes, ICW, Bahamas, VI's, Vancouver Island, Baja, Trans-AT, Trans-Pac. Sail to 50', power to 55'. Sloops, cutters, ketches, catamarans, trawlers. Single and twin screw. Good knowledge of navigation, diesel and gas engines, 12v, plumbing, radar, radio ops, daily maintenance, provisioning, cruise prep, can even cook a bit. Have my own gear, nav equipment, stand my own watches. ASA, PADI, FirstAid/CPR, BTLS, ACLS. CV and excellent references available on request. Can supply additional crew or complete delivery team if needed.

Cliff at ughmo2000"at"yahoo.com

zerubb 04-17-2010 02:54 AM

I am looking for a delivery skipper and crew to help prepare 40' yacht for Pacific crossing and deliver said boat from west coast USA to east coast Australia.....Cheers

sailingdog 04-17-2010 06:40 AM

Zerubb—

You really should start your own thread instead of hijacking Ughmo's. Please read the POST in my signature to figure out how to do that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerubb (Post 593976)
I am looking for a delivery skipper and crew to help prepare 40' yacht for Pacific crossing and deliver said boat from west coast USA to east coast Australia.....Cheers

Sanitie10 04-17-2010 08:49 AM

Ughmo2000,

I am looking for someone to take my boat (Tartan 34) from Ft Lauderdale to Norfolk VA sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. I cannot do it myself because it is my busy season at work. It's pretty open ended, I really want to boat back in New England, but want experienced and competent skipper for the job.

Please send some detail about your experience and requirements.

zerubb 04-17-2010 08:56 AM

Hi Sailingdog
I have no intention of hijacking anyone's post, I was responding (or so I thought) to Ughmo's post. I have in fact started my own thread a few days ago (see delivery skipper wanted)...........Cheers

ughmo2000 04-17-2010 11:39 AM

Wow! Good timing! I just got home last night from helping a friend deliver his boat!

Zerubb, Sanitie10, please check your private messages.

Cliff

ughmo2000 04-26-2010 02:56 PM

Off to Bonaire!

Will be seeking berths toward the end of May.

CharLeePisang 06-13-2010 08:59 PM

Malaysia Roberts 53 needs some attention

Quote:

Originally Posted by ughmo2000 (Post 579793)
52y/o retired firefighter/paramedic seeking delivery, boatsitting, or short term cruising positions worldwide as crew, mate, or skipper.

Clean, responsible, easy going. Non-smoker, no drugs, social drinker. Respectful of others and the boat. Don't know it all but have experience on full E&W coasts of US and Mexico, Great Lakes, ICW, Bahamas, VI's, Vancouver Island, Baja, Trans-AT, Trans-Pac. Sail to 50', power to 55'. Sloops, cutters, ketches, catamarans, trawlers. Single and twin screw. Good knowledge of navigation, diesel and gas engines, 12v, plumbing, radar, radio ops, daily maintenance, provisioning, cruise prep, can even cook a bit. Have my own gear, nav equipment, stand my own watches. ASA, PADI, FirstAid/CPR, BTLS, ACLS. CV and excellent references available on request. Can supply additional crew or complete delivery team if needed.

Cliff at ughmo2000"at"yahoo.com

Hallo Cliff, would you like to spend some time in Malaysia as I have to go to Germany an d need someone to look after my ship?

ughmo2000 07-27-2010 10:02 PM

Back home again and looking for more!