Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2003

suncat44 is on a distinguished road
SAIL THE WORLD

AUSSIE CAPTAIN WISHES TO MEET A "SAILING MATE" SPECIAL LADY.
Do something different, exciting and challenging and join me on a 44 foot (13.3 meter)
quality yacht and sail slowly around the world, stopping at a huge variety of countries,
exotic tropical islands and fascinating ports along the way. I ''m a 65 yr, young hearted,
retired Australian skipper with 18 years experience of sailing several private yachts..
My current yacht is a modern fiberglass catamaran wth 4 double cabins, 4 bathrooms,
large indoor/outdoor lounge/dining areas and spacious decks for relaxing/entertaining.
Equipment includes 2 engines, all sails, full navigation /communications and safety gear.

Ideally my future sailing mate will be an adventurous, active, outdoors type lady who
is slim, attractive, a non-smoker, only a light social drinker and around 38 to 58 years.
It''s also important that you are already financially secure and have independant means
of being able to share the daily costs of living and running the yacht. Some previous
sailing experience would be helpful, but as this is a long term/ permanent proposal
there''ll be lots of time and opportunity to learn as we go. (Hey, it''s not that difficult).

The yacht and I are now in the beautiful Phuket, Thailand area. So you could fly
here and come aboard to get an immediate taste of sailing in a tropical paradise and
commence our new, exciting life together. Firstly, how about we start to get to know
each other by exchanging some background details and pictures.
Please reply to Bob McKean at suncat44@yahoo.com.au and allow a couple of days
for my answer, in case I''m out sailing for a short time. I look forward to hearng from
you soon. Sincerely, Bob.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2003

snods57 is on a distinguished road
SAIL THE WORLD

Morning Bob. Just read your ad for a sailing partner. Unfortunately, my family duties preclude me from sailing around the world. However, I found you ad interesting and thought we might at least communicate to explore alternative possibilites. I''ve completed several off-shore deliveries, primarily from florida to Bahamas and back. Love off-shore sailing. One of my dreams and long term goals is to do some sailing out of Australia. I''ve had to put that on hold till daughter (12) gets a little older. In the interim, I consistently search these boards for short off-shore sailing/deliveries. So far,nothing much going on so far this year.
I''ve been a Regisetered Nurse for 32 yrs. The majority of my experience has been in the operating theater. Live in Columbia , Maryland; 25 miles north of Wash, DC. Am laid back--very little bothers me. I just don''t sweat the small stuff. Have a great sense of humor and not too hard on the eyes(see personal page under Snods57 for photos). In additional to Sailing, I love tennis, golf and kayaking. When I grow up, I want to sail in the America''s Cup. How bout you? Please send email to snods747 aol.com. WOuld love to hear from you.
Later,

Mary Snodgrass
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook