SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   short adventure cruise (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/63057-short-adventure-cruise.html)

davit810 03-20-2010 10:16 AM

short adventure cruise

St Augustine south to Key West. Leaving approx april 2-4 for a leisurely trip south to the Florida keys. Both intracoastal and open ocean. Boat is a Bayfiels 36 well equiped and capitan is experienced. Of course looking for single females wanting adventure and/or learn to sail, but anyone looking for a fun adventure trip is willing to throw in and join. Trip is NOT a headlong rush, but s..l..o..w.. maybe 10 days. Any interested reply ASAP. Davit:D

WanderingStar 03-20-2010 01:00 PM

Incoming!

sailingdog 03-20-2010 07:15 PM

LOL... you'd be better off asking at local marinas... unless you're willing to pay transportation costs for the prospective crew members, especially given the relatively short notice you're providing.

It doesn't help that you're basically an unknown quantity, who has never posted here before...

It doesn't help that you haven't provided any sort of credentials. Are you qualified to teach someone how to sail???

Good luck...

Any women looking to sail with davit810, be very cautious. Once on the boat, there is not much you can do until you hit the next port... so take proper precautions before deciding to set sail.

smackdaddy 03-20-2010 07:36 PM

I'm curious. Ladies of SN - what do you think?

Personally, I've seen some really nice hookup potential from recent threads (Bob, Denise, Leliu, etc.). And that's cool. That's sailing.

Anyway, I'd give a lot more credence to shouted warnings in these cases if they were coming from the finer sex.

I'm just thinking you ladies might be pretty capable watching out for one another. I could be wrong. Just wondering if there's another point of view.

chall03 03-21-2010 01:34 AM

Female or male viewpoint, does it really matter??

The common sense advice is still the same and not necessarily specific to Davit here......It is just be careful before hopping on a boat with a stranger you met on the internet...

sailingdog 03-21-2010 07:06 AM

Chall—

Some people just don't have the common sense to understand that. :D

davit810 03-21-2010 08:39 AM

hmmm

I guess i should add that i have over 8000 miles of open ocean experience and CAN provide references and photos. My intent here is to provide short term experience as well as having some comrades on the trip. And mag gawd everyone should exercise caution and descretion in apply as crew or capitan on ANY forum as well as ANY internet venture. davit :eek:

imagine2frolic 03-21-2010 09:35 AM

Me thinks your intention is to get laid by whooing a woman with sailing in paradise. Nothing wrong with that, but you are a stranger to this potential crew. You could be a great person, or another Dahmer? What would be your advice to your sister if she was going to leave with a complete stranger?.........i2f

ughmo2000 03-22-2010 08:38 PM

Ahh I know Davit. He's ok. He's a good sailor, has a nice boat, and would give you his last beer if you needed it. If anybody wants a little time on the water he'd be a good guy to sail with.

smackdaddy 03-22-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chall03 (Post 583219)
Female or male viewpoint, does it really matter??

The common sense advice is still the same and not necessarily specific to Davit here......It is just be careful before hopping on a boat with a stranger you met on the internet...

I agree with that Chall. So maybe the above advice:
Quote:

Any women looking to sail with davit810, be very cautious.
should have been general and not singled the guy out?

Ugh - it's good to hear that Davit's good people. Now I know where I can always get a beer!