SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Crew wanted for FL. to Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/63346-crew-wanted-fl-chesapeake-bay.html)

TomCat27 03-29-2010 11:58 AM

Crew wanted for FL. to Chesapeake Bay

1 Attachment(s)
Looking for crew from Gulf Coast Florida to Annapolis area. Anticipated departure between April 20 and May 1. Boat is a 2007 TomCat 9.7 (32') sailing catamaran - photo attached. One crew for mostly ICW or two crew with appropriate experience for run up the coast, weather permitting. I'm 49 year old married male, non smoker, no drugs. You'd have private small aft cabin. Shared head. Previous sailing experience preferred. No smoking, no drugs. All or part of the trip.

Thanks,

Mike

Capttman 03-29-2010 12:14 PM

Mike I am a 54 year old US Coast Guard Captain, have done the ICW and off shore many times, I may be able to help you out or may know someone who can. Off shore is my preference, no drugs non smoker. E Mail capttman@gmail.com

TLombardi 03-29-2010 09:13 PM

If you still need help moving the boat, I may be interested. I did sailboat deliveries in the 90's and early 2000's as a captain and have a lot of open water experience. If you are interested, PM me and give me the scoop. I'm located in the Tampa Bay FL, area

scottyt 03-29-2010 11:52 PM

if its closer to the may i can help, i live on the chessy so its a ending at home for me trip.

now i smoke, but would use this as a QUIT SMOKING OR SWIM home trip. as i want to quit it would work well

i have my own pfd, spot and other gear. i could also meet half way or where ever if needed.

sailingdog 03-30-2010 06:26 AM

Will you be covering food for crew? Will you be re-imbursing travel expenses?

TomCat27 03-30-2010 08:31 AM

Yes, I'd be covering f&b for crew as well as travel expenses. I've been responding individually to all interested so far, trying to make the pieces of the puzzle fit. Thanks all. I can be contacted directly at mikerodney at mac dot com.

Thanks all.

TomCat27 03-30-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLombardi (Post 586962)
If you still need help moving the boat, I may be interested. I did sailboat deliveries in the 90's and early 2000's as a captain and have a lot of open water experience. If you are interested, PM me and give me the scoop. I'm located in the Tampa Bay FL, area

Tony - Apparently being a new member to this forum I'm not able to PM yet. Can I contact you directly?

Thanks,

Mike

TomCat27 03-30-2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyt (Post 587015)
if its closer to the may i can help, i live on the chessy so its a ending at home for me trip.

now i smoke, but would use this as a QUIT SMOKING OR SWIM home trip. as i want to quit it would work well

i have my own pfd, spot and other gear. i could also meet half way or where ever if needed.

Thanks for the interest Scotty. How much of the trip would you be up for? We just moved up here from Florida so I could take your mind off smoking by picking your brain for info. on the Chesapeake...Contact me directly if you like.
mikerodney at mac dot com

TLombardi 03-30-2010 09:47 AM

Mike,

I just sent you an email. Just in case if it doesn't get to you, my email is tlombardi AT compuserve DOT com.

sailingdog 03-30-2010 10:50 AM

You should be able to PM now that you have 5+ posts. :D Thanks for clarifying the situation. I wish you luck and hope you find good crew. Fair winds and keep us posted on the delivery.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TomCat27 (Post 587103)
Tony - Apparently being a new member to this forum I'm not able to PM yet. Can I contact you directly?

Thanks,

Mike