Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2010

nightsky is on a distinguished road
Experienced crew wanted, Manhattan area

Looking for experienced crew for sailing after work and on weekends in the Manhattan area. I have a 1987 O'day 27 at the 79th Street Boat Basin. I'm 53, easy going. Looking for someone who is also easy going as well. Please tell me a little about yourself and your sailing experience.

Last edited by nightsky; 05-21-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2010
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Night Sky... describing your boat will be helpful to anyone that may want to look into this further....

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 05-17-2010
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Another interesting detail might be are you in a slip or on a mooring at the 79th st marina? I am familiar with the current in the Hudson and have been to the 79th St marina by subway recently. It is a nice spot.
I live in lower Manhattan in Tribeca and keep my boat up at Nyack which is about 30 miles away as you know. I am also your age, around 52 but have sailed on all kinds of boats since I was a teenager on the LI Sound across and down the Sound. No captains license on my part so no payment requested.
David Meltzer is a great guy to sail with in my experience. Hope you feel the same.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-17-2010
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Count me in for mid-week during the summer. We use our boat as a summer house and keep her far from the city in July and August.

I can recomment CalebD and DavidPM and BarryL- have done long sails with each of them. Good sailors, good company.

Regards,
Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

. .
. .
. .
. .
Old 05-17-2010

JackKus is on a distinguished road
I'm located in NJ , and I usualy charter in remote locations , this sounds much better . What kind of boat did You get ? And how new to sailing are You ? Let me know please , looking forward to hear from You Sir .
Regards
Jack
Old 05-17-2010

NaviGsr is on a distinguished road
I would be up for it! I live/work in Manhattan. Are you looking for long trips or just a quick sail after work?
Old 05-17-2010

davidpm is on a distinguished road
I can vouch for Nighsky (Michael) as I spent three days with him moving his boat from Westerly to Manhattan with a stop over in City Island.
He is seriously committed to sailing and someone with some experience could have some fun times in the river.

Great little boat, 27 O'Day shoal keel, 10 HP WB with almost new sails.
It is on a mooring about a 10-15 min. dinghy ride from the dinghy dock. At least that is where we left it Weds.

Last edited by davidpm; 05-17-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-17-2010
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpm View Post
I can vouch for Nighsky (Michael) as I spent three days with him moving his boat from Westerly to Manhattan with a stop over in City Island.
He is seriously committed to sailing and someone with some experience could have some fun times in the river.

Great little boat, 27 O'Day shoal keel, 10 HP WB with almost new sails.
It is on a mooring about a 10-15 min. dinghy ride from the dinghy dock. At least that is where we left it Weds.
Darn it David, now I'm jealous. We're still on the hard and you're out having fun.

Regards,
Brad

. .

. .
. .
. .
. .
Old 05-18-2010

tido is on a distinguished road
Hi nightsky,
I'd be interested in sailing with you. I'm 35, living in Manhattan. Am also available during the week these days. Not that experienced - i.e. won't really be able to 'instruct' though I'd certainly be happy to share what I've learned - I just passed a basic keelboat certification (sailing in New York Harbour waters) and have some prior experience as skipper of charter boats in the Greek med and as crew in UK - Isle of Wight and Channel.
Looking forward to hearing from you! You can reach me on (917) 512-2622

Last edited by tido; 05-19-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added phone number
Old 05-29-2010

steevix is on a distinguished road
Nightsky,

I'm up for crewing on your boat, especially evenings after work.

I'm 38, married with a 2-year old daughter. Live/work in Manhattan so I'm not far from the boat.

I've been sailing since 1999 including several 1-week trips mostly in the Caribbean, a few summers crewing in races off of City Island, and various day sails and overnights here and there. I took Basic Sailing at Manhattan Sailing School in 2002 and I'm taking Coastal Cruising there in June. I don't have a lot of knowledge about the local waters (e.g. Hudson River) but I'm looking to get more local cruising experience this summer.

Casual, easy going, friendly, safety-conscious.

Let me know if you are interested.

Best,
Steve C