SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Experienced crew for NC to Key West (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/67143-experienced-crew-nc-key-west.html)

ampro 08-08-2010 12:04 PM

Experienced crew for NC to Key West

41' Columbia seeks experienced mate for trip from Wrightsville Beach to Key West. Must have some resources.

rockDAWG 08-08-2010 12:56 PM

Pm'd you :)

sailingdog 08-08-2010 03:00 PM

Might want to elaborate what you mean by "Must have some resources."

On most deliveries, the captain pays for the crew's food and drink and for their transport to and from the boat. What are you expecting the crew to pay for specifically?

marvbrinn 08-12-2010 07:27 AM

have crewed on j120 from ny to charleston, charleston to jacksonville and back. charleston to daytona and back charleston to edisto and back .own cape dory27 sailed 25 yrs..live in sc
can you explain resurces? what is expected etc.

ampro 08-12-2010 10:14 AM

by resources I mean that you will be responsible for your own travel expenses t5o and from and meals. This is a non paying position.

sailingdog 08-12-2010 10:43 AM

So, you're basically looking for free labor and not even feeding them....nice... :rolleyes: Good luck finding good crew when you're being such a cheapskate.. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampro (Post 631683)
by resources I mean that you will be responsible for your own travel expenses t5o and from and meals. This is a non paying position.

marvbrinn 08-12-2010 11:34 AM

crew

in order to see if there is a match there are about 1000 questions that need to be answered
about the boat
about the crew skipper
the plan
who pays for what?
etc etc so can we talk real time...I like email but ....well you know

Vasco 08-12-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailingdog (Post 631692)
So, you're basically looking for free labor and not even feeding them....nice... :rolleyes: Good luck finding good crew when you're being such a cheapskate.. :D

And anyone contemplating going should check out the condition of the boat. Hopefully the OP has resolved his engine problems.

ampro 08-13-2010 06:06 PM

Sailingdog I posted this request in sailnet for help, not to be called names. I am having my motor repaired and will not be setting out until all repairs are made. I would like to point out that many people would consider a trip to key west would be worth paying there own way. Have a nice day.

marvbrinn 08-14-2010 05:51 PM

I yhave done a bit of sailing and feel that if I am to pay mn y own way I should be able to talk to the captain
so if you can pl,ease leave a contact number and info on the boat so that I will feel comfortable about sharing an experience with someone whose my life depends on..