SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Crew Needed for East coast & Carribean (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/6739-crew-needed-east-coast-carribean.html)

BlueWorldSail 04-15-2003 12:20 PM

Crew Needed for East coast & Carribean

Will sailing from NYC to Ft. Lauderdale and then to the Carribean staring Apr 21. It is a two year circumnavigation trip with NYC to Florida being the first leg. I need crew for the following two legs.

1 - NYC to Ft. Lauderdale
2 - Ft. Lauderdale to Bahamas & Bermuda
3 - Bermuda to the Azores & the med.

Due to hightened security, verifiable ID will be needed before joining the crew.

naluuk 04-15-2003 01:22 PM

I will be available this fall, what is your planned timeline for the 2nd and 3rd legs? Please email me at naluuk@yahoo.com.

Thanks, Gregg

chezbear 04-15-2003 05:49 PM

I would be interested in the 3rd leg. I am available after Sep/2003. Verifiable ID is not a problem.

Garry

sherbet 04-17-2003 06:11 AM

Definitely interested in the NYC-Ft Lauderdale segment, or a portion thereof.
(I live in NYC)

Looks like you''re starting in less than a week so let me know!

jerry_killam@yahoo.com

rwcat 04-17-2003 06:49 AM

Interested. Have passport and 37K+ miles. Flying to West coast this Friday for boat show, but immediately available afterwards. Please provide more info. Are you looking for professional crew or expense sharing crew? Resume on line at www.geocities.com/rwcat/resume.html
Regards, RW Catlette

captsky 04-17-2003 07:16 AM

Hello, My name is Skyler R. Chapman. I am looking for a job primarily as a captain or 1st. Mate. If those positions are unavailable working as a deckhand will be good , too. I also have a very good background in mechanical, electrical , general repair and tender ops. I am also very good with guests as I have 10 years of tourism in the diving and charter business. As a captain and dive instructor I have learned to deal with almost every type of situation and client. Having worked on all types of vessels in several different capacities I see my job is to promote safety and ensure that myself, other crew members and guests have a good time, positive attitude and enjoy themselves while aboard. Please contact me if you have further questions. Thank you.

Curriculum Vitae
Skyler R. Chapman
Austin TX. : 512-343-0339
E-mail: captsky2002@yahoo.com
Language, English, Conversational Spanish
Nationality: US-Citizen

Qualifications:

16,000 miles + power and 4,000 miles sail experience and 1,300 + logged sea days U.S. and International
U.S.C.G. 50 tons Masters license power and sail
U.S.C.G. 200 ton 1st Mate with SCTW 95 endorsement and assisted commercial towing
P.A.D.I. Master Scuba Diver Trainer Instructor (M.S.D.T.) and Specialty Instructor with 8 different specialties. P.A.D.I. rescue diver and divemaster rating. Over 4,000 logged dives and 300+ students trained.
Diving equipment maintenance and overhaul. Experienced in compressor installation, use, maintenance and overhaul.
P.A.D.I. Medic first aid / C.P.R. instructor, Red Cross C.P.R./B.L.S. training
Certified Master mechanic (A.S.E.) with extensive background and experience in overhaul, maintenance and diagnosis of marine engines, both gas and diesel, inboard and outboard. Electrical a/c and d/c power. Air-conditioning systems and much more.
professional video and still photographer, underwater and above
10 years in tourism internationally with management experience

Experience:

Captain: M/V Willow Dean day charter boat Jamaica (60ft.)
Co-Captain /Firstmate: M.S.V. Athenea catamaran Mediterranean Sea (64 by 30 ft.)
Captain: M.V. Huntress U.S. east coast and Caribbean (58ft. Blackwell sportfisher)
Captain: M.S.Y. Elonga Costa Rica, Panama (80ft.)
Captain: M.S.Y. Don Bosco, ketch rig motor sailor (68ft.)
First Mate and Engineer: MY Mardi Gras in Costa Rica (119ft.)
Captain: (stand-by) Encantador, sport fisher Costa Rica (44ft.)
Bridge and Dive Instructor Duties: M.Y. Royal Pacific, Charter Yacht in Costa Rica, Panama, San Blas, Columbia, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao (174ft.)
Captain: Tahonga, sunsets, day and overnight trips in Costa Rica, (36ft.)
Captain: 4 delivery trips Texas to Costa Rica sport fishers (42-61 ft.)
First Mate: 3 Delivery trips Texas to Florida sport fishers (38-54 ft.)

References: available upon request

woytek 04-20-2003 12:13 AM

Delivery skipper & crew available - welcome to cooperation

kats_tour 05-02-2003 03:20 AM

Hi, I am definitely interested in the Ft Lauderdale - Bermuda - Azores - Med. portion. I am currently based in England but can be anyhwere you need me! 28 yr old English girl, enthusiastic and keen to gain sea miles before upgrading my RYA Coastal Skipper licence to Yachtmaster Offshore. Resume on request. Can cook, sail, navigate and also a dive instructor if we come across anywhere you want to dive!!
Email: kats_tour@yahoo.co.uk

BlueWorldSail 05-21-2003 03:36 PM

kats_tour & jerry_killiam. Thank you for your interest. Left NYC two weeks ago. Had to hide from the weather in Cape May for a couple of days. I am now in the Intercoastal heading toward Beufort North Carolina where I intend to go outside again.

If still interested, let me know and we can arrange pickup points.

dseidman 06-05-2003 02:01 PM

hi, im interested. I''m not free untill june 20. Im 22 years old and am currently crewing on 37ft jeanneau. hope your interested. Dan