Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForCruiser View Post
Well the problem here isn't the fantasy, it's that this is "Crew Wanted" on a sailing forum, not a dating website. It's not the place to seek "Sailors with Benefits".
Then I guess the post should have been moved to the appropriate place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2010

radioguy is on a distinguished road
Hi I'm an 18 year old girl. I've only been sailing for a few weeks now on my Cat 22. I'd love to go. Can you send me pics? I don't want to end up with some old creepy bastard. I'd have to quit my job at HOoters.
Old 08-18-2010
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough
The 'female crew wanted' tag does bring about obvious assumptions and we automatcally assume not particularly honorable intentions are behind most requests like this...

However It's easy for me to make these accusations and poke fun, as I am married to a wonderful women who loves sailing as much as I do and I get the benefit watching sunsets with my soulmate beside me everytime I go cruising....it is for me a major reason why I love cruising...the joy of sharing the experiences and journey with someone...

Now if she was not there..........that time we had the dophins off the bow for a hour.........or if she wasn't always with me to point out the cute little fish hiding under trhe coral I always miss when we go snorkelling...

hmmm...Something about walking in a man's mocassins.....

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-18-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
The 'female crew wanted' tag does bring about obvious assumptions and we automatcally assume not particularly honorable intentions are behind most requests like this...

However It's easy for me to make these accusations and poke fun, as I am married to a wonderful women who loves sailing as much as I do and I get the benefit watching sunsets with my soulmate beside me everytime I go cruising....it is for me a major reason why I love cruising...the joy of sharing the experiences and journey with someone...

Now if she was not there..........that time we had the dophins off the bow for a hour.........or if she wasn't always with me to point out the cute little fish hiding under trhe coral I always miss when we go snorkelling...

hmmm...Something about walking in a man's mocassins.....
we are blokes after all.......

The Wombet and I have been together 25 years plus. To think about going off without her simply does not bear thinking about for me but if I was to suddenly find myself alone then for sure I'd be hoping that any future companion would be female, and thats not just because I want to get my rocks off. Otherwise I'd rather go solo.

If people placing these kind of ads had any sense at all , or were of a more devious mindset, they'd state "gender irrelevent" then simply ignore all the blokes ....or women.....depending on your gender and sexual proclivities.

Then they wouldn't have to put up with SD's moral outrage......and neither would we.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 08-18-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2010

radioguy is on a distinguished road
Hey, if it were this easy, I'd love to just pickup a smoking hot 18 year old, sail around the world, [edit]

Last edited by JohnRPollard; 08-19-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Keep it PG, please. Remember: Family friendly forum.
Old 08-19-2010
I don't discuss my member

zz4gta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForCruiser View Post
You're right of course, I shouldn't complain, I don't turn to this forum for any sort of advice at all anymore, and it's deeply frustrating trying to offer decent advice about what I do know, given the scores of uninformed counter-opinions that are posted. Most people of any seriousness have left for greener pastures, and now it's mostly reams of bad advice with occasional nuggets of wisdom tossed in.
wow, you must be super awesome...
Old 08-19-2010
Iroquois MkII

LookingForCruiser is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4gta View Post
wow, you must be super awesome...
Not sure what you mean? I didn't think I implied I was awesome at all... far from it. I was stating I was not happy with the quality of posts on this site. Sailors with benefits, BFS, etc... it's been a downhill slide here for quite a while.

edit - if you thought I don't go to any forum for advice anymore, that's deeply mistaken... this place is on its way to becoming a quagmire. It's not cruisersforum-level bad yet, though

Last edited by LookingForCruiser; 08-19-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-19-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Somebody's grumpy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-19-2010

CapTim is on a distinguished road
Hey, for the record, I haven't turned down very many bikini-clad gals when asked for a trip around the lake. I don't fault the guy for asking. I don't fault women for saying no. That's how relationships work, after all

So the guy is looking for a cute girl to sail with. Big deal. It's not like he's doing something repulsive, such as going to law school or something.

Living aboard, currently in the Chesapeake
O'Day 37, still new to us
Old 08-19-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTim View Post
Hey, for the record, I haven't turned down very many bikini-clad gals when asked for a trip around the lake. I don't fault the guy for asking. I don't fault women for saying no. That's how relationships work, after all

So the guy is looking for a cute girl to sail with. Big deal. It's not like he's doing something repulsive, such as going to law school or something.
+1. Where exactly is the thread where Gloria Steinam came in and asked the members here to protect all womankind from randy sailors who want to take hottie to Panama?

Freakin Taliban. No Dude Bhurkas for me thanks. But hey, it looks good on you.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.