Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Bwalker-

Is this intended to be a tool to find crew to operate a vessel for cruising or racing or is it intended to be a tool to find a "significant other"?

If it's the latter, I feel that the Crew Wanted sub-section of Sailnet is not the appropriate place. There is indeed, a soul-finder on Cruisersforum.com but if you're steadfast in your desire to repeat it on Sailnet, I recommend placing it in the "General" section.

Crew Wanted is just that- Crew, not "life partners". A dating service mixed in with it, will simply cause confusion.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
I think the idea of having a hook-up forum is a great idea. Oh wait - that's what craigslist is for.

[Self-edited due to coloring outside the lines]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 08-25-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-25-2010

flysci is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Sigificant others

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARC2012 View Post
Now now let's be nice.Cf has a single sailors seeking soul mates.or something like that.Best wishes.marc
I second that suggestion. I hang out there a bunch myself.

Just realize there are two SSSSM thingies. One is a conversation thread where singles talk about dating and living alone on board and flirt with each other. That's here: Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mate Group - Page 75 - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

The other is the Forum where individuals can post their profile, with an appropriate headline title, to tell others all the details about yourself. Here: Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates

Either would be a good place to post a crew wanted type message if what you want is a crew with possible long term relationship potential, or 'crew with privileges' type thing.

Ciao,
Margo
Old 08-25-2010

flysci is on a distinguished road
misquotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy View Post
It's just so bizarre that you think enough of the declaration to quote it, and then you not only intentionally misquote it, you actually completely butcher it. It's the most absurd thing I've ever read in my life.
I agree with you to a point. The whole "Pledge of Allegiance" thing is the most egregious. But it was pretty clear to me when I read her signature that the word "god" had been added by her, editorially. Just as I don't read newspapers where the editorial board is too clearly biased, I can ignore this. It tells me more about the poster than about TJ! Which after is the purpose of using quotes in a signature - tell others a little about your values.

Margo
Old 08-25-2010

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
If there were any such thing as a sensitivity meter or empathy meter this thread would barely cause the needle to twitch.
Why do people always attack others that they don't know or understand. Instead of just holding their tongue (fingers) for awhile or just simply moving on.
There are Christian or spiritual or as you guys would call them, wacky male sailors too.
Brenda, As a man, I apologize for my entire gender.

Since I, having been married for thirty years am planning to stay that way, I would probably not visit a forum designed for hooking up too often. But I certainly don't see why a forum like that wouldn't be a pretty natural thing to have on something called a online "community".

We have threads, lots of threads, that seem to serve no purpose but to provide sweaty mats where republicans and democrats can roll around in their own virtual sweat and wrestle with old, usually inaccurate and often irrelevant factoids for pages on end.
And I could cite certain environmental threads that are taking up gads of room.
Who put any of us in charge of what's worthy of consideration?
What? Are we worried about wasting a little band width on a forum where single people can hang out and flirt with each other?
Seems rather stodgy to dismiss the idea out of hand.
Old 08-25-2010
The Sea Angel

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you knothead for your very kind heart. I appreciate you more than you know!

Thank you for the info flysci! I appreciate the fact that even if you do not like my signature, you seem to have a live and let live attitude.

B
Old 08-29-2010

Shipislandpirate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Shipislandpirate
BW.....You may want to try: Plentyoffish.com

Couldn't hurt...It's FREE..... and you just might find what you are looking for....

Fairwinds,

John
Old 08-30-2010

Yachts66 is on a distinguished road
I've heard about that site, but for some reason the name seems offensive to me, ya' know? It's like you're trying to score a hooker in a bar or something.

Regards,

Thomas

SV Mariah's Child - Roberts 45 in steel
Old 08-30-2010

radioguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
I've heard about that site, but for some reason the name seems offensive to me, ya' know? It's like you're trying to score a hooker in a bar or something.

Regards,

Thomas
It really isn't meant to be offensive. All it means is that there are plenty of fish in the sea! So if you got heart broken by one, it's ok, because there are a lot of people out there who won't break your heart!

Online dating has a weird stigma, but it's really ok. Especially when you move and know *NO ONE* in a huge city. I moved to NYC a few years ago, and knew not a single person. I got on Plenty of Fish, and had steady dates, girlfriends, etc, while I was there. The site is great, and it works.

The only thing you have to do is set up your profile correctly. Ie, don't make yourself look boring. Some people put up photos they took of themselves in a mirror, by themselves. What does that tell me about you? It tells me that you're boring. So put up photos of you having fun. You're a sailor, put up lots of great photos of you battling the ocean, or cruising in paradise, etc.

By the way, since we can kinda guess you were looking for a "casual encounter" (haha), from your other thread, POF is also a great source to meet women who just want to smash private parts together! kidding! (not really)