SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

San Diego Crew member available

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  leostello 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I am new here.

I am located in the San Diego area and was wondering if anyone need a crew memeber. I have sailed Catalina, SD Bay and and bareboated in Abaco a 36ft.

If you need someone just drop me a line.

Responsible
Respectful
And
Hard working

Regards,
Andy

#4 ·
Ok so apparently I need 15 posts to send a PM so I'll just paste it here:

Hello Patrick. My name is Matt, I'm 38 and I live in SD, up in Mira Mesa, and new to the sailing scene. This July and August I'll be taking the Keelboat levels 1, 2, and 3 at Mission Bay Aquatic Center. To supplement this I'd love to throw my hat in the ring as helping crew your yacht if you'll have someone as inexperienced as myself. I'm not sure how this crewing thing works but I work the 9-5 weekdays, and with the classes coming up my weekends are pretty full, but after mid August I'm pretty open every weekend. Thanks for your time.

#5 ·
Thanks Andy for starting this thread!

Patrick,

If you ever need an extra hand I am located in Carlsbad and I am also always looking for a way to get on the water.

I recently got my Croatian Category B Skipper License this summer when I chartered and skippered a boat (Elan 36) with my family out that way.

Im an engineer and good with engines, majority of mechanical things, electrical troubleshooting, plumbing and navigation.
I have just sailed sloops and have not used a spinnaker before.
I am eager to get more familiar and practice setting sails in more configurations.

Please PM me with your email since I don't have 15 posts as well...

Thanks! Leo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.