SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Southbound

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  llorback 
#1 ·
Southbound deliveries. I have open berths on two boats going from New England to northern caribbean. The first leaves Oct 25/26th, Newport to Tortola via Bermuda. The second approximately Nov 9th Newport area to St. Maarten via Bermuda. Both boats are well found and make the trip regularly. Berths are unpaid but expenses are covered as well as return transportation to New England. Send me a PM with a sailing resume if interested.

#4 ·
Hi rbrake,
I'm interested in crewing on either of the journeys down to the Carribean.
I'm 26 years of age, Male, Non-Smoker, British.
I'm really eager to build my miles.
I hold the following tickets STCW-95, RYA Powerboat Level II, RYA Competent Crew.
In the next couple of weeks I'll be taking my RYA Shore Based Day Skipper Course and VHF course.
I've been working as a chef for over the past 8 months.
Available for both if needed. my email address is badger_is @ hotmail . com should you wnat to contact me further.
Cheers Matt

#5 ·
I am a recently retired US Navy Captain, 51 years young and available to deliver or run well found yachts. I am happy to skipper the boat or serve as mate/deckhand...very easy going and flexible. As a Naval Officer, I fully appreciate and support the authority of the captain. I am a 1981 graduate of the US Naval Academy, career carrier aviator and qualified deck officer on aircraft carriers. I hold a US Navy Sailing E-MS Master Skipper rating; "Qualified to command and race large sailing yachts offshore under all conditions." My priorities are the safety of the boat and crew while professionally accomplishing the assigned task and having fun in the process. I like well chosen departure windows and conservative weather routing.

Six feet tall, weigh 170 pounds, fit, trim and strong. Drug free, non-smoker, social drinker (Only after the boat is safely moored, cleaned and the job is done). Avid SCUBA diver, windsurfer and hiker. Commercial Instrument rated pilot with 4500 flight hours. I perform well under pressure (over 500 carrier landings and a tour as Air Boss on a carrier....lots of good stories!) Significant experience with foreign government officials and anti-terrorism. My personal honor and integrity are above reproach and I'm an all-around great, fun loving guy!

I come as a package deal with my girlfriend who is an excellent offshore chef and provisioner as well as a safe and professional watchstander/deckhand. We've done over 10,000 offshore sailing miles in the last 2 years including a Trans-Atlantic delivery and numerous Caribbean and US East coast runs. We live in Delray Beach, FL, but have no ties and can easily commit for short or long term opportunities. Full resume/CV and references available upon request. Email: jhubs81 "at" gmail dot com.

Cheers,
Hubs

#7 ·
I'm a young egar sailor looking for my next adventure from the US mainland. Have been working in Grenada the last two months refitting a cat. Have been sailing most of my life former crew on a Far52 completed two sydeny to hobarts and various other offshore races. What I don't have in qualifications makes up for the vast experience I have. Other than sailing I enjoy SCUBA diving, trekking, climbing and white water kayaking. Look forward to discuss this trip with you further. luke.lorback at gmail dot com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.