SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailor needed / Crew wanted- Free ride to the Bahamas on a sailboat!

7K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  canucksailorguy 
#1 ·
We are looking for one crew to help on a passage from North Carolina to Mayaguana (Bahamas). I go to Santiago de Cuba and i can drop you at Mayaguana, if you wish, on my way to Cuba.
If you are an american citizen willing to go to Cuba, there might be some paper work to get done with the US customs
before departure. We wish to pass the Gulf Stream and go South all the way. As November is the best time, i will leave early in November. We need somebody with some blue water experience who can keep watches, cook a little.
I need to find a person who is reliable, honest,
with good mental and physical capacities, also interested in sailboats, cruising, travellings, adventures at sea. The boat is in the Chesapeake Bay.

This is a NON-PAID position as a crew member on a 35-feet cutter. Please send your info, a few lines about you, your work, study, sailing experiences.

Thanks for your interests.

Please contact David Ruffieux – tel. 757-447-1643 or email us

#2 ·
NC to Cuba

Hi Dave,

Don't know if you're looking for more than one crew member, but my boyfriend and I would love to come crew for you from NC to Cuba. Here's a little information about us, we're from NY, 29 years old, novice blue water sailors (we have sailed primarily on the hudson and have recently crewed on a boat from Bermuda to NY), and have pretty flexible schedules. We're in the market for getting a boat of our own and have dreams of becoming cruisers. We would like to get as much experience as possible, of course...so here we are. we're mentally stable ;-), can stand watches, are physically fit, and I am a very good cook. So if you're still interested, please pm me. Hope to hear from you soon.

Yu

#4 ·
are you still looking ?
I am a Canadian and no problem to Cuba for me
I have been there for a few months before , havana , Santiago, Isla de la juventud, maria lagorda etc

I am a professional , just retired this year
have some racing and offshore experience

if you are interested let me know

#6 · (Edited)
We are looking for one crew to help on a passage from North Carolina to Mayaguana (Bahamas). I go to Santiago de Cuba and i can drop you at Mayaguana, if you wish, on my way to Cuba.
If you are an american citizen willing to go to Cuba, there might be some paper work to get done with the US customs
before departure. We wish to pass the Gulf Stream and go South all the way. As November is the best time, i will leave early in November. We need somebody with some blue water experience who can keep watches, cook a little.
I need to find a person who is reliable, honest,
with good mental and physical capacities, also interested in sailboats, cruising, travellings, adventures at sea. The boat is in the Chesapeake Bay.

This is a NON-PAID position as a crew member on a 35-feet cutter. Please send your info, a few lines about you, your work, study, sailing experiences.

Thanks for your interests.

Please contact David Ruffieux - tel. 757-447-1643 or email us
Hi Dave,

#13 ·
Extra paper work is honestly no more than a twenty dollar bill folded into us passport.
Sailortrash - if you do that in Cuba, you're living up to your name. Thus far, there have been no problems with, and no need to pay, el mordida in Cuba...and we cruisers who go there would like to keep it that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.