Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010

oaklandsailor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallboatvoyaguer View Post
Beware of the sailboat Fibonacci. A red Pearson 10m, located somewhere Maryland or New Jersey Coast. The skipper may be looking for crew, and the skipper is not a safe one to travel with. Very poor decision making, bad seamanship, unsafe, and terrible attitude towards others, etc.
A friend of mine just left his boat and at least two other groups of people as well. He can't find himself on a chart, I kid you not!
Skipper of Fibonacci, if you come across this I'm sorry, but the truth hurts. Read Chapman, change your attitude.
Holy crap, SBV, you weren't there, correct? Definitely must exclude your comments if only for that reason. Let's hear directly from your friend, at the very least or forever keep this gossip off the board; does no one any good without both sides, in my humble opinion.

OS
Old 12-07-2010
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Minus the boat specifics, you just described half the dudes on every other sailing forum out there...especially the lame ones. Are you saying you're functional?
What's this "chart" thing he keeps babbling about?
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2010
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
I have the pop corn, when does the show start........

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Old 12-07-2010

smallboatvoyaguer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
I have the pop corn, when does the show start........
No kidding. Everytime I post.

My personal opinions of this boats skipper aside, I was asked by my crewing friend, who is sailing and not using a computer at the moment, to post this. I'm just looking out for others, that's all.
As for the chart thing I keep babbling about, well thats were it all started: Whats The Norm For ICW Navigation?
Old 12-07-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallboatvoyaguer View Post
No kidding. Everytime I post.

My personal opinions of this boats skipper aside, I was asked by my crewing friend, who is sailing and not using a computer at the moment, to post this. I'm just looking out for others, that's all.
As for the chart thing I keep babbling about, well thats were it all started: Whats The Norm For ICW Navigation?
Your personal opinion of someone you have never met and for no good reason you come here to engage in a spot of character assassination.

What a load of old bollocks....when your friend gets back from sailing the ocean blue have her drop us a line and then, maybe just maybe, we will start to take you seriously. Sorry to say it but right now you are sounding like a complete drop kick.

Should you be worried for your friend ? Well right now her choice of associates does sound somewhat dubious.

btw....SD or anyone else who can point me to that Thai thread...I'd like to do some comparisons......

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 12-07-2010

I don't care if you, or anyone else here, who -is not- actively seeking to be a crew member takes me seriously. I only posted this thread to those who are actively seeking to be a crew member, so they are aware of the situation with this boat and said skip.
So, if you are seeking to be crew, use caution with s/v Fibonnaci.
Old 12-07-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Gullibles Travels

(The following has been shown to be nowt but a fairy tale. I'm leaving it up cos some of you might just find it amusing and hey, just cos I'm a moderator I fail to see why I should be spared a certain amount of public humiliation....sheoot !!)

Hey now kiddies.....sit yourself down, cosy up in front of the fire and listen while Grandpappy Wombat tells you all a bedtime story.

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Umerica lived a little troll, he who was known as SmallBoatVoyageur but we'll just call him SBV shall we ? Now SBV decided to visit the village of SailNet there to chat about his boat with his friends the Gullibles.

"Hail fellows and well met" said SBV to the Gullibles "I have me a pretty wee boat, she be Seaforth24 of Superior and I need some help."

"Oh post us a picture young Voyageur" the Gullibles cried but alas SmallBoatVoyageur had no image making device and could not comply. How sad.

Now from the woods came a cloaked figure, mystical, magical, the desirous Cloven de Hoof. Now Cloven, lets call her Clove for short, also spake to the Gullibles of her craft and lo did post a pic, and spendid was the craft indeed.

But wait said one Gullible , what craft be she ? Seaforth 24 of Superior did Clove reply. What a coincidence thought a small fuzzy figure hidden in the shadows and using his mighty magic did look upon the Seaforth of Superior and there did appear before him an apparition....Voyageur.

Then from out of the darkness came a peal of thunder and a flash of lightning. Into the Gullible village strode the mighty Fuzz, Wombat of Antipodes, slayer of SockPuppets, he who wields the Stick of Ban and yea verily did Wombat fling said cloak from the the Cloven Hoofed one only to reveal....oh yes my children for she was indeed a shapeshifter...one moment Clove, the next the SmallBoatVoyageur, the next nowt but a slimey troll.

So there my children...beware the Troll for they will ensnare you given half a chance but Grandpappy Wombat is here to see you right.

Sleep Tight, Sweet Dreams.

Thanks to Imagine2Frolic for first picking up on this. Clove's boat did give me a hint to go on, the name on the side was something of a giveaway, but it was the identical IP addresses and the fact that the dumb truck posted a Clove post as SBV and then tried to delete it before reposting as Clove.

Memo to SBV/Clove....even deleted posts are visible to the Mod Squad.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett

Last edited by tdw; 12-07-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2010

Clove was my girlfriend for the last year. We lived aboard Voyaguer on Lake Superior last season. Clove did not know how to sail, nor had she ever sailed in her life, and I showed her sailing, the Lake, and taught her to sail herself. We affectionately called the boat "ours", because we were a couple, and had spent the winter and spring bringing it back from a long period of neglect, and learned it's ways together.
After the season, I decided I would stay here and continue to work on the boat and play in the snow. Clove wanted to go south, so I directed her to Sailnet to find some one who needed crew. We shared a computer, thats why there was the thread with the mixed up replies, and the same IP.

By the way, Clove now has the camera. Thats why I wasn't able to take a picture of my boot stripe.

Why and what would be the point of me to have an alias?
Does any one here have a wife or girlfriend or husband, and you both refer to the boat as "ours", and would both provide a picture of the same boat if some one asked for one?
Do you care about your spouse? Then you might of had an opinion when you heard what I heard. (about the s/v fibonacci)

Here you go: Cloves Photostream
also this: My photos
Old 12-07-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Have you ever seen a Wombat with egg on there face ?

Its a sad sight I can tell you.

It certainly appears on the face of it that the coincidences were in fact just that so for the moment anyway, all looks cool.

Hey look, I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. After a lifetime of this I can live with that.

SBV...it is still my opinion that the way you went about this was all wrong. You complaint remains hearsay and I cannot see why Clove did not come on here herself to either verify your story or post the complaint herself. I hope you see my point.

That said, you have my apologies for false accusation.

Cheers

Andrew

Old 12-07-2010

Apology accepted.
I agree, my chosen presentation of the subject was wrong. But, I was little fired up, fresh off the phone.
I'm sure Clove would have or would be posting if she wasn't messing around in boats.

Cheers,
Marlin