Seeking Female crew member(s) luxury cruising Schooner in SE Asia - Page 2 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
elaleph--

Please note, I didn't say you were a pimp or running a floating brothel. I merely stated a well-known fact--Southeast Asia is well known for human trafficking, particularly for the sex trade... For example, you might want to read this.

Flying to a foreign country to get on a boat is foolhardy at best. To do so in an area of the world where human trafficking is fairly common, especially when the OP, that'd be you, has fairly specific requirements and requires a photo is really dodgy.

From your original post:

Quote:
Some slight preference for European nationality, Latin languages (Spanish, French, Italian) but open on the subject. Some yachting experience is useful, but enthusiasm and feeling are most important. Please write with photos, providing some background and motivation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 12-08-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2010
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
I love these threads! Good luck OP!

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Old 12-08-2010
Big Chicken Baby

Mimsy is on a distinguished road
Ugh. Why fly all the way to SE Asia when a gal can easily find a local lothario to sexually harass her (at best)?

Our little blog has moved!
Old 12-08-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimsy View Post
Ugh. Why fly all the way to SE Asia when a gal can easily find a local lothario to sexually harass her (at best)?
LOL...nicely played Mimsy.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-08-2010
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
I only get harassed by Smack, anymore... But i'm sure that applies to alot of users on here. That's no kinda life to live - trust me!

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Old 12-08-2010

MooreVOLS is on a distinguished road
I vote the site should be changed to:

saildatingnet.com for the lonely sailor

I would really be interested to know if anyone replies to these crazy posts.
If they do, I am looking for a free sailboat in new condition and preferably with slip paid through next year. An all female swimsuit model crew that loves to wash and wax boats is a must. All nationalities accepted!!!
Old 12-08-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaleph View Post
There seems to be a hint of paranoia 'round here...
I was initially accused of promoting my ship for charter by running a bogus advert for crew. I apologized for the misunderstanding and scrubbed my posting of any mention of the website or the ship name... several well-meaning souls promptly found it very suspicious that my boat didn't have a website (!) Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
Now, the morals brigade is broadly hinting that I am running a floating brothel...on Sailnet!
If anyone bothers to think about it, given that the ship sails from Thailand, there would be a helluva lot simpler way of stocking it, were that my intention...and way cheaper then flying crew from Europe.
To clarify, the posting does not seem particularly ambiguous, and the desire for companionship is not actually illegal. Perhaps some adventurous, entertaining and aquatic crew would like to accompany us on a long cruise around S.E. Asia. If so, feel free to write!

p.s. I am fairly confident of my command of the English language, however search though I may, I find no Anglo-Saxon 4-letter word beginning and ending in a P...enlighten me, please!
Elaleph,

I am very sorry for the frustrations. You asked a very straightforward question and was looking for straightforward help. Instead, you got a bunch of inconsiderate replies and what I thought were very uncalledfor remarks.

Some of you posters above should be ashamed of yourself. You need to be more considerate in your responses and helpful... please. This is Sailnet, not BrothelsNet and can you blame the guy for wanting to put some nice looking companionship on his boat versus a bunch of stinky old, hairy legged, teeth-missing, Popeyes? I wouldn't want you on my boat either.

Elaleph, to make up, let me offer at least two crew. Because of your troubles, I will pay to ship them (I mean fly them, sorry) there. However, you must promise to overnight back their passprts once they arrive. Basically, they are yours once you get them. No exchanges, returns, or refunds. Ok? Deal? Good...

First, let me offer Johnette Pollard (called on here John for short). You will really like this one. Fits all of your pre-req's plus, rumor has it, can also sail. There have been some mumblings on here about this particular sailor having this wierd fascination with Legos, but as long as your vessel carries the "Don't Ask - Don't Tell", then all aboard will be happier. What? You want a picture too? Sorry I forgot. Here you go:

Now obviously you can't sail that boat with just one crew? YOu need another hottie? You will find none other than TDW just up your alley (that was just a figure of speech, she really works the streets... well, mostly... well, sometimes... well, ok, she works the alleys but she is cheap). Now what does TDW stand for? You know, none of us here even know. Let's just call her Tango Dancing Woman, cuz that's what she does. Entertainment won't be a problem. Just take a quick peek below:

And a close-up:

There you go. That should get you started. Now if those aren't good enough, let me know. If you act really quick, I might be able to throw in Sailingdog or Smackdaddy too (not both on the same boat... believe me, that would be disastrous). But I'm not going to post pics of them upfront. It might deter you from accepting my generous offer. Just consider them bonuses.

Your friend, no really,

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 12-08-2010
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
I believe that there is a picture of SD somewhere around here....
Old 12-08-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaleph View Post
There seems to be a hint of paranoia 'round here...
I was initially accused of promoting my ship for charter by running a bogus advert for crew. I apologized for the misunderstanding and scrubbed my posting of any mention of the website or the ship name... several well-meaning souls promptly found it very suspicious that my boat didn't have a website (!) Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
Now, the morals brigade is broadly hinting that I am running a floating brothel...on Sailnet!
If anyone bothers to think about it, given that the ship sails from Thailand, there would be a helluva lot simpler way of stocking it, were that my intention...and way cheaper then flying crew from Europe.
To clarify, the posting does not seem particularly ambiguous, and the desire for companionship is not actually illegal. Perhaps some adventurous, entertaining and aquatic crew would like to accompany us on a long cruise around S.E. Asia. If so, feel free to write!

p.s. I am fairly confident of my command of the English language, however search though I may, I find no Anglo-Saxon 4-letter word beginning and ending in a P...enlighten me, please!
Aaaaa...they're just all bitter because they can never get any chicks.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 12-08-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandLocked66c View Post
I only get harassed by Smack, anymore... But i'm sure that applies to alot of users on here. That's no kinda life to live - trust me!
Now THAT'S funny. But, c'mon, you do sail a pop-top.

And why are you prudes so sensitive to the idea of a dude looking for (as cb puts it)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb32863 View Post
... and sorry, your post sounds like you are not looking for crew but for "Hot chicks to get naked with while we sail"......
Who's not looking for the latter? Jeez! It's like a freakin' convent around here.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 12-08-2010 at 11:52 AM.