Seeking Female crew member(s) luxury cruising Schooner in SE Asia - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010

Elaleph is on a distinguished road
Seeking Female crew member(s) luxury cruising Schooner in SE Asia

Female crew-member(s) to accompany El Aleph Luxury cruising schooner on a next trip through Thailand Into Burma (Mergui) and the Andamans starting in Mid-February.
Subsequent cruising back to our base in Bali, Indonesia, then on to Komodo, Sulawesi, and Raja Empat.
Should be aquatic – love swimming, scuba diving, kayaking, easy-going, and preferably, with a taste for books, music, etc. Should not require constant entertainment – small group of people, and the boat tends to be pretty quiet much of the time.
Some slight preference for European nationality, Latin languages (Spanish, French, Italian) but open on the subject. Some yachting experience is useful, but enthusiasm and feeling are most important. Please write with photos, providing some background and motivation.
We would expect a first, get-to-know-you chat by internet, followed by personal interviews in Western Europe in January-February. People already in S.E. Asia can meet with our cruise director in Thailand or in Bali

Last edited by Elaleph; 12-11-2010 at 01:12 AM. Reason: update
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2010
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road
"Some yachting experience is useful, but enthusiasm and feeling are most important." (picture needed though)

That pretty much says it all. Have many of the women on here, started packing yet? I'm pretty sure, space is limited.
Old 12-06-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Elaleph—

Are you paying for air transport? Are the crew positions paid? Does the boat have a website? Are there any costs that the women will be responsible for covering???

As it is, the OP is a little vague and doesn't have any real solid details. Also, you have all of TWO POSTS on this forum, joined this month and are asking women to volunteer to fly out to SE Asia to crew in a completely unknown situation, in a part of the world where human trafficking isn't uncommon... Yeah, right...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 12-06-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2010

There is a website, of course, but the moderators asked me not to post it to avoid the appearance of advertising.
Transport costs are negotiable. The person may already be in Asia. I will not invite someone onto the boat before we meet face to face, and I am in Europe in January.
As for human trafficking, i think someone out there has a very vivid imagination, but before joining, the person is welcome to carry out adequate due diligence.
Old 12-07-2010

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
I'm sending my ex-gf!
Old 12-07-2010

Not too badly damaged I hope!
If not, perhaps we can organize a swap...
Old 12-07-2010
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Back again...

I reported your original two posts, with the link to the vessel website, to the mods. If you want an advertisement, pay for an advertisement...

Your initial post in this thread, coupled with your post in the Single Females Answering Crew Ads from Her Sailnet;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaleph View Post
what so bad about a little companionship? Are we bound by oaths of chastity?
lead me to a conclusion along the lines that SailingDog hints at... In case you missed the point of that thread, it was a statement (some would say warning) by jacktarmagazine that Females should;
Quote:
Never assume, when signing up to travel alone with an unknown male, that he is NOT going to hit on you.
To be clear, and I may be completely off base, but my strong suspicion is that you may be a person who arranges female companionship on your charter vessel for a fee (four letter word; begins and ends with the letter "P").

Let us know how it all works out for you...
Old 12-07-2010

There seems to be a hint of paranoia 'round here...
I was initially accused of promoting my ship for charter by running a bogus advert for crew. I apologized for the misunderstanding and scrubbed my posting of any mention of the website or the ship name... several well-meaning souls promptly found it very suspicious that my boat didn't have a website (!) Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
Now, the morals brigade is broadly hinting that I am running a floating brothel...on Sailnet!
If anyone bothers to think about it, given that the ship sails from Thailand, there would be a helluva lot simpler way of stocking it, were that my intention...and way cheaper then flying crew from Europe.
To clarify, the posting does not seem particularly ambiguous, and the desire for companionship is not actually illegal. Perhaps some adventurous, entertaining and aquatic crew would like to accompany us on a long cruise around S.E. Asia. If so, feel free to write!

p.s. I am fairly confident of my command of the English language, however search though I may, I find no Anglo-Saxon 4-letter word beginning and ending in a P...enlighten me, please!

Last edited by Elaleph; 12-07-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: correction
Old 12-07-2010
Lake Sailor

cb32863 is on a distinguished road
That would be P-I-M-P.... and sorry, your post sounds like you are not looking for crew but for "Hot chicks to get naked with while we sail"......

S/V Papillon 1977 O' Day 25

Old 12-07-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingStar View Post
I'm sending my ex-gf!
Me too, I was talking to my Ex-friend. She asked if sex is required and does the captain and other crews understand no means no. Does she need to show them she is HIV positive?

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.