SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   1 or 2 crew wanted - Langkawi/Phuket (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/70481-1-2-crew-wanted-langkawi-phuket.html)

maverickdream 12-07-2010 10:46 AM

1 or 2 crew wanted - Langkawi/Phuket

I have a Lagoon 440 catamaran currently in Langkawi, sailed it here over the last 5 years from Europe, would like 1 or 2 people to sail the boat up from Langkawi to Phuket. Experience on the water preferred, but not essential...it's not difficult sailing, just gets a bit boring on my own..:) I have a website for the boat, so you can check it out...share food expenses about $10 to $20 a day depending on your food and drink preferences...foie gras is not cheap out here..:)

Dinger02 12-08-2010 08:37 PM

Interesting. Whats the website for the boat? Im a 41 year old male yachtbroker that currently has no agenda looking for an adventure. USCG licensed Capt on power boats with very little sail boat experience that has always dreamed of casting off with the sails. Length, term and options are negotiable. Experienced navigator, better than average mechanical sense, open water experience. cseagreg at yahoo dot com

Lilli26 12-10-2010 08:36 AM

Crew member for Langkawi--> Phuket?!

Hello Maverickdream,

I have read your message that you like to recruit crew members from Langkawi to Phuket and I might be interested... :)

I am a glad 26 year old girl from Europe. I did some sailing on 420 boats on lakes back home some time ago. That is to prove that I like sailing - BUT I am not really experienced...

Some real hands-on experience would be nice I guess.
At the moment I am traveling thru Malaysia and I will be in Langkawi in one week from now so if you're still there by then and you're not "fully booked" we could meet and see if we get along well and I might join your crew. Costs up to 20US$ a day are ok for me.

It would be nice if you told me something about yourself, the plan you have for the cruise and how long it will take to sail to Phuket. You said you have a website with information about the boat and your trip?

I somehow cannot write PMs on this community though...?!

Thanks so far and best wishes,

Lilli26

Cruisingdad 12-10-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilli26 (Post 675455)
Hello Maverickdream,

I have read your message that you like to recruit crew members from Langkawi to Phuket and I might be interested... :)

I am a glad 26 year old girl from Europe. I did some sailing on 420 boats on lakes back home some time ago. That is to prove that I like sailing - BUT I am not really experienced...

Some real hands-on experience would be nice I guess.
At the moment I am traveling thru Malaysia and I will be in Langkawi in one week from now so if you're still there by then and you're not "fully booked" we could meet and see if we get along well and I might join your crew. Costs up to 20US$ a day are ok for me.

It would be nice if you told me something about yourself, the plan you have for the cruise and how long it will take to sail to Phuket. You said you have a website with information about the boat and your trip?

I somehow cannot write PMs on this community though...?!

Thanks so far and best wishes,

Lilli26

Takes a post count of 10 to send PM's, etc because that helps us keep out the spammers.

dwconway 12-27-2011 07:56 PM

Hey! I'll be in the area next week and would love to cruise! I have some experience as a Scuba instructor in Australia for a couple years, worked crew for a while on a 55ft cat, and plenty of other short-term jobs. Let me know if you're still taking applicants!

David Conway
davidwconway@gmail.com

jackdale 12-27-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwconway (Post 810934)
Hey! I'll be in the area next week and would love to cruise! I have some experience as a Scuba instructor in Australia for a couple years, worked crew for a while on a 55ft cat, and plenty of other short-term jobs. Let me know if you're still taking applicants!

David Conway
davidwconway@gmail.com

I think that ship sailed a year ago.

dwconway 12-27-2011 08:18 PM

haha, just joined the site and still figuring things out. Thanks!

jackdale 12-27-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwconway (Post 810942)
haha, just joined the site and still figuring things out. Thanks!

Welcome aboard