1 or 2 crew wanted - Langkawi/Phuket - SailNet Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-07-2010 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
1 or 2 crew wanted - Langkawi/Phuket

I have a Lagoon 440 catamaran currently in Langkawi, sailed it here over the last 5 years from Europe, would like 1 or 2 people to sail the boat up from Langkawi to Phuket. Experience on the water preferred, but not essential...it's not difficult sailing, just gets a bit boring on my own.. I have a website for the boat, so you can check it out...share food expenses about $10 to $20 a day depending on your food and drink preferences...foie gras is not cheap out here..
maverickdream is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 12-08-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Interesting. Whats the website for the boat? Im a 41 year old male yachtbroker that currently has no agenda looking for an adventure. USCG licensed Capt on power boats with very little sail boat experience that has always dreamed of casting off with the sails. Length, term and options are negotiable. Experienced navigator, better than average mechanical sense, open water experience. cseagreg at yahoo dot com
Dinger02 is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #3 of 8 Old 12-10-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Crew member for Langkawi--> Phuket?!

Hello Maverickdream,

I have read your message that you like to recruit crew members from Langkawi to Phuket and I might be interested...

I am a glad 26 year old girl from Europe. I did some sailing on 420 boats on lakes back home some time ago. That is to prove that I like sailing - BUT I am not really experienced...

Some real hands-on experience would be nice I guess.
At the moment I am traveling thru Malaysia and I will be in Langkawi in one week from now so if you're still there by then and you're not "fully booked" we could meet and see if we get along well and I might join your crew. Costs up to 20US$ a day are ok for me.

It would be nice if you told me something about yourself, the plan you have for the cruise and how long it will take to sail to Phuket. You said you have a website with information about the boat and your trip?

I somehow cannot write PMs on this community though...?!

Thanks so far and best wishes,

Lilli26
Lilli26 is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #4 of 8 Old 12-10-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod
 
Cruisingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington State
Posts: 9,917
Thanks: 3
Thanked 124 Times in 57 Posts
Rep Power: 10
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilli26 View Post
Hello Maverickdream,

I have read your message that you like to recruit crew members from Langkawi to Phuket and I might be interested...

I am a glad 26 year old girl from Europe. I did some sailing on 420 boats on lakes back home some time ago. That is to prove that I like sailing - BUT I am not really experienced...

Some real hands-on experience would be nice I guess.
At the moment I am traveling thru Malaysia and I will be in Langkawi in one week from now so if you're still there by then and you're not "fully booked" we could meet and see if we get along well and I might join your crew. Costs up to 20US$ a day are ok for me.

It would be nice if you told me something about yourself, the plan you have for the cruise and how long it will take to sail to Phuket. You said you have a website with information about the boat and your trip?

I somehow cannot write PMs on this community though...?!

Thanks so far and best wishes,

Lilli26
Takes a post count of 10 to send PM's, etc because that helps us keep out the spammers.

Sailnet Moderator



1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow me on Facebook:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cruisingdad is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #5 of 8 Old 12-27-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Hey! I'll be in the area next week and would love to cruise! I have some experience as a Scuba instructor in Australia for a couple years, worked crew for a while on a 55ft cat, and plenty of other short-term jobs. Let me know if you're still taking applicants!

David Conway
davidwconway@gmail.com
dwconway is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #6 of 8 Old 12-27-2011
Senior Member
 
jackdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 9,034
Thanks: 27
Thanked 59 Times in 56 Posts
Rep Power: 7
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwconway View Post
Hey! I'll be in the area next week and would love to cruise! I have some experience as a Scuba instructor in Australia for a couple years, worked crew for a while on a 55ft cat, and plenty of other short-term jobs. Let me know if you're still taking applicants!

David Conway
davidwconway@gmail.com
I think that ship sailed a year ago.

__________________
ISPA Yachtmaster Offshore Instructor Evaluator
Sail Canada Advanced Cruising Instructor
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
jackdale is online now  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #7 of 8 Old 12-27-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
haha, just joined the site and still figuring things out. Thanks!
dwconway is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #8 of 8 Old 12-27-2011
Senior Member
 
jackdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 9,034
Thanks: 27
Thanked 59 Times in 56 Posts
Rep Power: 7
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwconway View Post
haha, just joined the site and still figuring things out. Thanks!
Welcome aboard

__________________
ISPA Yachtmaster Offshore Instructor Evaluator
Sail Canada Advanced Cruising Instructor
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
jackdale is online now  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.


User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crew wanted - 38' Cdn S/V looking for crew from Victoria to San Francisco tcgibb Crew Wanted/Available 8 02-06-2014 03:09 AM
Chartering in Phuket Sparohok Chartering 0 09-11-2010 02:35 PM
Phuket Thailand Spartan Chartering 0 04-17-2007 07:53 PM
Langkawi—A Cruiser's Shangri-la Doreen Gounard Cruising Articles 0 10-07-2004 08:00 PM
Crew Wanted for Phuket to Crete - Dec 2002 mdawes Crew Wanted/Available 0 05-23-2002 06:03 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome