Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2010

nashahid is on a distinguished road
Crew Available - anywhere warm!

To initiate my first post, hi to all my fellow sailing enthusiasts!

I'm a recent college graduate looking to beat this awful weather on the East Coast. I'd like to hop aboard an expenses shared cruise anywhere warm, though I'd love to get in with some people heading down to Brazil via the Caribbean.

A little about me - I'm a 23 year old male located in Charleston, SC. I'm drug free, drama free, very friendly guy, no stranger to hard work. I've been in aviation and sailing all my life, though I mainly sailed on small boats growing up (beach cats, Sunfish, 420's, etc). After a summer of sailing J24s weekly I decided I'd like to venture into bigger things. This summer (2010) I did a three week cruise with a buddy to deliver a Beneteau 31 to Georgetown, Exumas. I fell in love with it, the entire lifestyle. I was ready for another three months!

I have extensive GPS/dead reckoning/radio navigation experience due to my aviation background as a private pilot, so I picked that aspect of cruising up very fast while sailing the Beneteau, however, I'm still a novice to most aspects of cruising. As I said, I also have lots of small boat experience and I'm looking to expand that into some more bluewater and coastal passages.

I was a bicycle mechanic, carpenter's assistant, and I helped restore small sailboats to ease the cost of college so I'm used to hands on mechanical work.

I'll do whatever it takes to make myself a valuable crew member and get along with everyone, even if its a leisure cruise. I'm also totally open to deliveries as long as we're heading towards warm weather! I'm fine with meeting a boat somewhere (I've got some scholarship money still in my savings), but I'd prefer a boat leaving from the East Coast.

Any and all opportunities posted here are welcomed, even if you're heading somewhere cold (if it's an interesting place!).

P.S. I'm well aware of some of the scams being offered that I've run into on other cruising forums of "expenses shared" trips that border on charter pricing. Don't bother with that, I may have been born at night but I ain't blind!

I look forward to hearing from everyone!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2011

sundancesail is on a distinguished road
St. THOMAS, USVI => CHICAGO

1 additional crew member wanted to sail 36 foot sailboat back from St. Thomas to Chicago via Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, FL, up the US Coast to New York City, Hudson River to the Erie Canal and through the Great Lakes. Father (60ís) and daughter (29) team plan to leave St. Thomas sometime in March and be in New York City on about May 15th and back in Chicago by June 15. Non-smoking persons. If your interested contact sundancesailATgmailDOTcom to see if you'd be a good fit.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook