Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011

ianwansbury is on a distinguished road
Crew Wanted Savannah Bahamas

ETD Savannah January 21st going to Ft Lauderdale then cross to Grand Bahamas cruising to Abacos. Then if weather permits head back to Ft Lauderdale by Feb 15th.

I am an experienced sailor with over 100,000 miles mostly on large private yachts. My own boat is Misty Blue 50ft Gulfstar CSY Sloop. Aboard will be myself and friend Pam (inexperienced) in the aft cabin. There is a V double forward for crew who would like to come along and help. You need a bit of sailing experience, not get seasick, a passport, but most importantly a good attitude, willing to learn and have fun.

We will share food expenses. I’ll cover Fuel, dockage, cruising permits etc. You get yourselves to Savannah but I will cover the flights or busses back from wherever we end up.

I'm sailing Misty Blue around the Caribbean and across to Australia over the next two years.

If you are interested add a reply and I’ll send you further details via email.

As At 14th Jan 2011:

Thanks for all the responses.

We have found a couple who are on the same wavelength and want to help for the period to Feb 15th. If another opportunity arises later in the passage to Australia over the next years then I'll post it on sailnet.
Happy Sailing.

Ian Wansbury - Misty Blue

Last edited by ianwansbury; 01-14-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Got replies and now found suitable crew
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2011
Cruiser-in-training

sbonham is on a distinguished road
I'm interested and I bet my GF Patty will be too... I'm going to copy this post to her. I am in Statesboro, GA (50 miles to SAV) and have been looking for such an opportunity to do both coastal and offshore sailing. I've been sailing for 40 years... mostly singlehanded dinghies. Short stints offshore. I windsurf and I love a good blow. No true offshore experience otherwise but stoked to do so. Always ready to learn. Patty and I are considering buying a mid-30' boat for our first live-aboard... and hope to make similar trips in the next few years.

Looking forward to hearing more about Misty Blue and your trip plans. BTW, Patty and I are both good cooks... and in great physical shape. Let's talk more? My email is sbonham@georgiasouthern.edu.

Steve
Old 01-05-2011

Shipislandpirate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Shipislandpirate
Ahoy...My girl and I would love to join you as crew...Jen is 30 with no sailing experience but loves the water and is a great cook..I am 42 with several trips back and forth between florida and texas on OPB depending upon what part of hurricane season it is...I have experience sailing Lake Michigan since childhood and have completed asa 101,103 and 104 currently working on 105..We would love the opportunity to sail with you two.. My email is GrossmanBuilders at aol.com

Fair Winds,

John and Jen
Old 01-08-2011

sprtn94 is on a distinguished road
Ian,

I'm also interested, shoot me a PM if you still have crew space available. I'm trying to build sea time. Sounds like a fun trip
Old 01-10-2011

Ryan207 is on a distinguished road
Hey mates..this sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Shoot me a message and lets chat.
Old 01-11-2011

Oh2Sail is on a distinguished road
Drop me a line

Love to hear from you. Available Jan and Feb for sure, maybe at other times further down the road. You can reach me at s h 9876 at gmail dot com. No spaces. Sharlene

Last edited by Oh2Sail; 01-13-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added email contact
Old 01-13-2011

tisha is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to tisha Send a message via Skype™ to tisha
Another interested couple here... not for the initial Jan/Feb trip but if you need hard working crew from June onwards we would appreciate you considering us, please do not hesitate to ask any questions to then retain our contact details for the future. My email address is taniii AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk
Old 01-14-2011

ianwansbury is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the responses.

We have found a couple who are on the same wavelength and want to help for the period to Feb 15th. If another opportunity arises later in the passage to Australia over the next years then I'll post it on sailnet.
Happy Sailing.

Ian Wansbury - Misty Blue