Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2003

opofcabo is on a distinguished road
Woman for Sailing adventure to Baja / Sea of Cortez

This might be on short notice but hey as sailors we do things as the wind happens to take us and the wind has hit me just right to sail from Blaine Washington to the Sea of Cortez at the end of June.
I am looking for "crew" and a adventurous woman is the crew I am looking for. All you need is the want and need to live life in the tropics on a sail boat and snorkel and play everyday. Having sailing skills is just a bonus as the boat is setup for single handed sailing, but having someone take the helm and enjoy conversation with is a must. to see my boat go to www.nwsailing.org/tropical-dreams and take a look, she''s a beauty. I''ll have a picture of me on there too so you know who you are sailing away with... while a romantic relationship would be great if it happens like that, it is not the most important thing for the job. A sense of humor, the love of the ocean, and just enjoying each and everyday is!!! Also someone with intelligence that can hold her own in a conversation on a number of topics..
financial statement are not important or required, I do plenty well on my own you are just invited to go on the advneture and share it with someone...
Plans include: sailing daily "with a few over nighters depending on weather" along the pacific coast to San Diego, then a 7 to 8 day cruise down the baja coast and to the many stops once we reach lands end. The length of the adventure depends on you as I am staying for awhile and then perhaps on to Costa Rica and other warm tropical places, but if all works out right then we can make those decisions together as to what is next on our adventure...

Sails are planned to be set between June 20th and July 1st...

hope to have you aboard!!!

Owen

see my boat at www.nwsailing.org/tropical-dreams

or

under my name "opofcabo" on here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-09-2003

jettygirl is on a distinguished road

Hello Owen,
wishing I was a year further towards being able to throw the lines off and go. Sounds like a good adventure ahead. Sorry, can''t go this time around but If you happen thru Santa Cruz on your way down the coast and need anything don''t hesitate getting in touch. Can offer up anything from a hot cup of coffee to running you into town for needed provisions. By the way, had fun playing Battleship on your webpage.
Another thought, when you arrive down in Cabo and are still looking for crew, I happen to have a prepaid ticket that needs to be used before the end of the year. Be in touch and happy sailing.
Old 06-09-2003

Hey Jettygirl,

Thanks for the great letter, I''m sorry too you aren''t able to go along, from the tone of your letter I can see you are the kind of person I am looking for to hang out with in Baja... I will definately keep you in mind for crew once I hit Cabo.
Again thanks and hopefully I''ll see you in Baja in the near future..
Old 06-09-2003

jettygirl is on a distinguished road

keep in touch ... Jettygirl@fastmail.fm
Old 06-11-2003

From over 3000 miles away I found exactly who I was looking for to go on this adventure with!!! WOW talk about luck, and she found my ad on sailnet by accident!!!!

Looking forward to a great adventure they may last a life time!!!
Old 07-02-2003

Holy Crap, she got off the plane after having sent pictures from 15 years ago and weight in at 300lbs and couldn''t even get through the bathroom door on the boat. Sent her back the same day!!! please tell me why someone would want to send pictures of when they were 125lbs and then show up at 300lbs and think I wouldn''t say anything or think they could actually be of value on a sailboat in the pacific...
Old 07-03-2003

dsbentley is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to dsbentley Send a message via MSN to dsbentley Send a message via Yahoo to dsbentley

Hello,

I am taking my 58'' sailboat from Seattle to St Croix in September. I am planning 3 stages with the second going from Cabo to Panama in late October. I am looking for potencial crew and saw your reply. I can send you pictures and more details of the boat and trip if interested. Reply to david@viescape.com

Thanks, David
Old 07-03-2003

dsbentley is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to dsbentley Send a message via MSN to dsbentley Send a message via Yahoo to dsbentley

Hello,

I am taking my 58'' sailboat from Seattle to St Croix in September. I am planning 3 stages with the second going from Cabo to Panama in late October. I am looking for potencial crew and saw your reply. I can send you pictures and more details of the boat and trip if interested. Reply to david@viescape.com

Thanks, David
Old 07-12-2003

bigsurwego is on a distinguished road

Hello David, I am not sure how your request got mixed in with the other discussion, but I see you are looking for crew, and notably Woman, I assume, from the title here. I am looking for a sailing experince with someone who is kind, positive and patient. I am a hard worker and know the value of teamwork, and organizational skills. Your route seems very interesting, and I would be interested in talking with you, if that is possible. Please call at your convenience-831.252.4243
Old 07-17-2003

Hut128 is on a distinguished road

David - do you have a listing in the member directory? I could not find one.

Where are you located? Do you have your crew?

Hut128 :-)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.