Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccary View Post
Who do you sail with in PCRC? I keep my boat close to the start line and used to sail with them...
I sailed my own boat in their Frostbite series. I won't be racing my own boat (probably) until the next Frostbite series as I'm committed to racing on other boats in a variety of places during the spring and summer months.

I do sail up into the West River often though. You can't miss me, I have a large, Spanish helmet insignia on my sail.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-17-2011

badsanta is on a distinguished road
I meant no disrespect, other than your first post I thought this was a joke. My apologies as referring too you as "He" I assumed and you know what happens then.
Old 04-18-2011
美國佬

willyd is on a distinguished road
No real offense taken (though I don't know how you saw that post, since I deleted it) - though I am miffed at the dozen or so people that have contacted me saying they really want to make the trip, then suddenly stop responding after an email or two. One guy who sent me two PMs in the same day on this board even talked to me on the phone, then poof! he disappeared as well. Never wrote back. I'm not sure what's difficult about writing and saying "Sorry, got other plans" or "Aliens have abducted me and say they won't be finished with their tests until late May" or something along those lines.

On a less angry note - did anyone attend the Spinsheet crew listing meet-up in Annapolis yesterday? I went and found some people interested in doing shorter trips or day sails, and potentially one man who can do the May trip I'm planning. It was overall a really good way to meet crew or find boats.
Old 04-18-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
I don't mind to help out and get some sailing time as long as not in the last week of May and first two week of June, since I will be sailing to Bermuda and back.

These are my minimal requirements:

1. I am not picky, but porta potty has to go. I don't mind doing No 1 outside but No 2 must be on in the marina.
2. Must include some over nite and fouled weather sailing.
3. Boat must be clean and tidy. I will return it to the same condition when I leave.

I am a great cook and don't mind to provide free food to the captain. you will be eating better than 98% people in Chesapeake. I can get to and from any destinations on my own.

I have all my own gear including Garmin chart plotter, VHF radio with GPS and DSC, personal GPS locator, paper chart, safety gear, and etc.

Let me know.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 04-19-2011
美國佬

Rockdawg - thanks for the offer. I'm thinking of leaving around the 10th and getting back around the end of the month, so our time frames coincide. Perhaps you'd be interested in sailing down to Norfolk, which I'd like to do in one straightish shot, if we're not getting bashed by headwinds the whole time.

Quote:
1. I am not picky, but porta potty has to go. I don't mind doing No 1 outside but No 2 must be on in the marina.
If by "got to go" you mean "I'm not using it," fine, but I'm not removing it or saying I won't use it. Truth be known, I find I don't need to go that often when out sailing anyhow.

Quote:
2. Must include some over nite and fouled weather sailing.
I'm fine with overnight sailing, but not really that keen on getting beaten up by wind and waves, though I'd appreciate learning more tactics for sail trim, reducing weather helm, etc. while it's blowing.

Quote:
3. Boat must be clean and tidy. I will return it to the same condition when I leave.
Not an issue.

I don't need the chartplotter and would rather not have one on board, even. I did a delivery on the Med once on a boat with all the bells and whistles, and found it uninteresting. Part of the appeal of sailing for me is doing without modern contrivances and having to think about stuff (one's surroundings) that you don't have to in everyday life.

If you're still interested, send me a PM and perhaps we can meet and you can check out my boat and see if it's something you want to sail on.
Old 04-19-2011
Chastened

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
On a less angry note - did anyone attend the Spinsheet crew listing meet-up in Annapolis yesterday? I went and found some people interested in doing shorter trips or day sails, and potentially one man who can do the May trip I'm planning. It was overall a really good way to meet crew or find boats.
Willyd- I was at the Spinsheet meeting. I'm sorry that I didn't know you'd be there, and I missed the opportunity to meet you.

How would you feel about another boat accompanying you part of the way?
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 04-19-2011
美國佬

Quote:
Willyd- I was at the Spinsheet meeting. I'm sorry that I didn't know you'd be there, and I missed the opportunity to meet you.
Yeah, that is too bad. I didn't see anyone with "Bubblehead" on their name tag, though. I was the one with the green plastic cup full of beer. You weren't the tall guy with the Yorkshire terrier under his arm, were you?

Quote:
How would you feel about another boat accompanying you part of the way?
That might be nice.
Old 04-19-2011
Chastened

No, I didn't have a dog with me. I was wearing a black, leather motorcycle jacket. There was a tall, dark haired woman with me, burning my ear off. You may have seen us.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 04-19-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
@willyd - I don't have a dog in this fight as I deliver boats on routes where you plan is the first day. I can sail my own boat if I want to cruise. Not puffing up, just sayin' so you know I am not trying to push anything on you.

If you care to catch up at Davis' Pub some day I can share my perspective on both moving and cruising boats on Chesapeake Bay.

Regardless, have a great trip.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-19-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Thanks Willy,

I would love to sail to Norfolk with you. I love nite sailing.

Last year I sailed from Annapolis to St Mary River round trip non-stop for 30 hrs with 4 to 6 sea for 6 hr at around mid-nite. At 6:30 am, I lost steering just off Cove Point and at 5 pm I was back at home port unharmed and happy.

If you don't like chart plotter, I would not turn it on, but I will bring it with me just in case. I am equally good at reading the paper chart, effectively doing DR even at nite (with my Steiner compass binocular).

I am looking for sail time and not much of getting away from daily routine. We will be at Annapolis Landing Marina this Sat. We can swing by and stop to meet you if you like.

I am heading out my office but will PM tonite to connect. Thanks.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.